1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Southwest takeover of AirTran promising for gay travelers and employees

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.examiner.com/gay-travel-...ran-promising-for-gay-travelers-and-employees

2. RedState

Now, the fact that AirTran...which I refuse to fly (anyone remember ValuJet?...same company...and besides, Delta stocks a better brand of booze) has been limited in their support of gay events surprises me....simply seeing how they are based in Atlanta...which not only is the busiest airport in the world, but is also one of the gayest cities in the US

#2 RedState, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Huh interesting. My parents fly AirTran often. Interesting that they were taken over.

4. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

There are only two things I ask myself when I'm buying a plane ticket. Will the flight get me to where I want to go cheaply and safely. I don't really care if they support gay events or not, I just want a seat to get me from point A to point B.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see this as a huge win for everyone. Southwest has an outstanding reputation for treating everyone -- Customers, People (they don't call them "employees"), vendors -- with respect and kindness. Their fares are always reasonable and they have a longstanding reputation for lowering fares in every market they go into.

While Airtran didn't have as craptastic a reputation (at least, since the ValuJet debacle) as United or Delta, I think their acquisition by Southwest can't possibly do anything but improve the quality of service for Airtran staff, customers, and everyone else.

If you haven't had a chance to fly a bunch of different airlines multiple times, it's hard to really get just how different Southwest is from the others, and as they've said, it really is in their DNA. This is great news.

6. yourillusion

That's actually really cool, glad to hear it. Southwest has always been my favorite.

7. djt820

So, fags will get discounts?