1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minnesota Family Council's Heartless and Shameful Comments About LGBT Suicide

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Revan, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    http://gayrights.change.org/blog/vi...less_and_shameful_comments_about_lgbt_suicide

2. haelmarie

Some people need to get a life.

I think getting angry about it is more than these pathetic, ignorant individuals deserve.

3. SheWhoHasNoName

I go to a "Christian" private school and if people there found out I would probably get kicked out. I hear people talking about how gay people are so immoral all day. This one girl said, "Homosexuality is so wrong." But, in another conversation she said, "Emotions are involuntary." Does she even know she is contradicting herself? Makes me so mad.

4. Katelynn

The only thing that cheers me up when I hear about groups, organization & people like this is that eventually, they pass away themselves (be it from old age, disease, etc) & leave us with fewer idiotic, narrow-minded people in the world. The way I see it, 50 or 60 years from now, organizations like these will be in the minority & a lot of society will have finally woken up to the reality that no one is free or equal unless everyone is free & equal. It took a while with civil rights in the 60s (& admittedly there's still a ways to go), but people in America finally accepted that truth & they will in this case too. Progress does happen, it just comes in painfully slow (like glacier slow) increments. So yep, reverend, keep talking you big blowhard, youve already lost this fight a long time ago. At this point, the thing we need to do is keep him & others like him from causing as much damage as they are & causing more suicides, which is the hardest thing to do, since hateful words & ideas are the hardest to combat sometimes...

5. Alexandria

This kinda thing surprises people?

I just went through all this a couple days ago here. If they want to be 'the religion of love', then they can bloody well prove it and SHOW love for ALL people.

Not spew constant hatred like this.

Though I do agree with kiersten, and take satisfaction that as each one of these people die, there is one less person trying to drown out love with hate.

6. steel03

Funny, that's exactly the problem.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just sickens me...

8. person54

When they finally start teaching about gay civil rights and equality movements in schools in the states, I hope situations and statments like Tom Prichards are included in the text books, just so people see how detestable some people could be.

9. Emberstone

-Tom prichard walks up to the pearly gates of heaven, and st. peter looks over at him.-

"ah, yes, we have been expecting you, mr. Prichard. But we cannot let you in. God did not create you to be a self-hating homosexual. if you would have embraced who you were, instead of superimposing your self-hatred towards other gay people, we would have let you in. Instead, you promoted violence against your fellow human beings, and you roped along a innocent woman by pretending to be heterosexual, and marrying her. Now if you excuse me, Leonardo Da Vinci, Rock Hudson, and J. Edgar Hoover has invited me to a party, and their parties are LEGENDARY!"

^^^ this makes more sense then his bullshit.

10. lazyboy

lazyboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You know... sometimes I have to shake my head with people like this.

It's like they have this rigid idea of how things are "supposed" to work in society, and that somehow changing anything sets the universe on its ear, and people get into a blind panic and expend untold amounts of energy trying to put everything back "the way it was before."

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They just don't seem to realize that God made Adam and Steve >_> and as punishment for eating the apple, Steve was turned into Even. I mean honestly, you think the Garden of Eden could have been tended by Adam and Eve? Come on, we all know gays have the best style for gardening :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Emberstone

13. grimAuxiliatrix

There are not enough facepalm images to show my disapproval.

14. stupidIvan

I'm somehow not surprised by this, just saddened..

15. Jerseyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This kind of behavior is disgusting, especially when you consider the day and age we live in. I can't even begin to understand how people like them justify supporting ideals meant to only encourage self-hatred, depression, and even suicide because of their "unnatural life-style choices"..What? Are you fucking kidding me? These people preach how kids are suicidal because of their homosexuality but they refuse to acknowledge that its ideals like theirs that make gay kids depressed and ashamed, not their sexual orientation itself!! Ughh

^^Made me smile :icon_bigg

16. No One

As my dad would argue "It's not discrimination when backed up by the bible"

Ridiculous. It is people like this that cause so much pain in this world.

17. Alexandria

Personally I hope and dream of the day that the bible and koran are declared the hate speech that they are. Likely not in my lifetime, but a gal can dream.

18. Emberstone

its not that the bible and Quran are hate-speech, it is that people cherry pick passages that are technically irrelevant (leviticus applys only to jews, and only when they are in the holy land, according to the historical context). both actually spend more time calling for compassion, humility, and humanity for all men then they do laying down laws that are misquoted in todays world by horrible people.

19. Alexandria

I am simply 'applying' it same as they do - they wish it to be THE law of the land, and within its covers, plain is day, are passages that, in any other book up here in Canada, would get it nailed as hate speech; but because its a popular faith, it gets a free pass by society.

20. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i always find it funny they think gay people are miserable, i know a ton of gay people that love their life and are not ashamed of themselves and thankfully they have enough love and support to not want to end their lives, and fs these poor children had love and support at home and at school they would never had killed themselves.