1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At the risk of starting a catfight.... I'm voting republican because...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Chip, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    An oldie-but-goodie. And a reminder to those of you who are eligible to please VOTE on November 2nd so we at least have a chance to not let the country go back to Bush-era policies.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExzINsaq4LI&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]​

2. yourillusion

That was pretty funny! Probably a democrat one out there too just as funny though. Just saying.

3. RedState

And...the policies of the current administration have really worked out well thus far.
    Just sayin'...

4. Emberstone

well, they inheriented a econamy that was hemoraging jobs and value like crazy, and stabilized it, slowing the loss of jobs, and brought back the GDP values to a upward trend. The stock market, while always tempermental, is rebuilding its value. more jobs have already been created in less than two years than were created in the whole 8 of the bush years, and though there is alot of growth that is still required, we are certainly heading in a better direction than the one we are leaving behind.

we went from clinton, who economicly took a more centerist approch, that left us with a balanced budget, a surplus, 20million+ jobs created, and the strongest middle class (a true, legitimate indicator of economic solvency and stability) seen in decades, then we got bush, and the republican economic agenda, and immedialy the job creation slowed down to a trickle, and job losses skyrocketed. the surplus was gone almost immediatly, the middle class began to suffer, while the top two percent took the opposate track, getting richer, often at the detriment and becuase of the denegration of the 98% of america who actually have to rely on their jobs to get by, and cant rely on huge investment portfolios, and bloated paychecks. we saw the middle class decimated by the upper class with frequent layoffs and shipments of those vital jobs oversea, leaving the majority of americas to a uncertainty of if they will get to keep their job, and if they have already lost it, will they be able to find a job to provide even the basics for their family.

So yah. republicans like to pretend the econamy is getting worse, even though the real indicators show a growing stability, and upward growth. it doesnt help them in the elections if they have to acknowledge the reality of where they put our econamy, and where it is now. it isnt perfect, but at least we are moving back towards a econamy that is growing, instead of hemoraging.

5. HackmanWIU

So after two years you're all ready to go back? Last I checked they already sent out their new doctrine, same ole', same ole'. Just sayin'....

#5 HackmanWIU, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  6. RedState

Well, if some of the Bush tax policies were so bad, then why are so many democrats rushing to do all they can to keep them in place when they are set to expire?

Slowing the loss of jobs? When real unemployment is around 15%, I don't think that is really slowing the loss of jobs.

Debt to GDP ratio? It's the highest it has been since the second world war.

Keep in mind that Clinton worked together with a Republican controlled congress to foster good budgetary practices. Because the Republicans, like Clinton, in those days understood that government did not create jobs...it was the government's responsibility to create an environment that encouraged healthy economic development and activity. Both the Republicans and the Clinton Administration were successful in accomplishing that.

As far as lop-sided budget situations, what is truly interesting...and somewhat mind-blowing...is the staggering cost of the war. The report that was issued last month had the current price tag of around $750 Billion. The Stimulus Bill alone was over $800 billion.

The House of Representatives can't even perform one of their most basic duties...to pass a budget. They simply "deemed a budget passed" through a Continuing Resolution because the Budget Committee chairman, Rep. John Spratt (D-SC) is in the political fight of his life and could very well lose his seat.

Sen. Reid and Sen. Baucus continue to squabble over increasing taxes (Ried wants to, Baucus does not)

When Obama took over, his 10 year deficit was $4 trillion. Now, after close to 2 years, that number has almost doubled to $7.7 trillion. Since the Democratic take over in 2007, they have added a total of $1.2 trillion to the debt.

Meanwhile, back at The White House, the President's submitted budget requires that the $3 trillion of Bush tax cuts he FAVORS be offset with other tax increases. Where are these other tax increases coming from? No one knows, the White House is silent. That is part of the reason why businesses are just sitting on a boat load of cash right now instead of re-investing it and creating new jobs....because they don't know exactly what the hell is going on and they don't want to socked with even higher taxes.

Not that it matters, because the Democrats couldn't accomplish anything in the last weeks of the regular session...hell, half of Capitol Hill had no clue what was going on.
    It simply makes the President and Democratic lawmakers looking disorganized, incompetent and impotent.

Some of the Bush policies were far from perfect (his prescription drug plan was a disaster) but to lay this completely on his shoulders is simply incorrect. Everyone who was involved in Government from the early 1990's on played a part. It is kind of like when Mt. Saint Helen erupted in 1980. There were signs all over the place for a while that it was going to blow...but the pressure kept building up over time. When the breaking point hit, that baby blew.

The same is true with our current situation.

And, on top of that you have the healthcare bill...which is going to have an opposite effect than intended. Now that companies (Verizon, ATT and T and 3M being the most recent) have calculated that it would be cheaper for them to pay the fine to the government then to provide the required healthcare coverage to their employees. Not to mention the 1099 debacle that was stuck in that bill...and God knows what else...because no one bothered to read one of the most important pieces of legislation to pass thru the halls of congress in 25 years.

"We need to pass this bill so we can find out what's in it" Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA). Yeah, that's quite a way to run a government.
    So yeah...sign me up for 2 more years of that

#6 RedState, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  7. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

People need to calm down. People are entitled to their opinion, please don't debate about opinions because all that will come is it evolving into an argument.

This video is so awesome. xD

8. Connor22

-----------------------------------------------------

Republican flag

9. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Well in response to the thread title, I'm voting Republican because I agree with them on issues I feel are most important. In this state we already managed to get a Republican senator on Capitol Hill, and our travesty of a governor is up for re election. If we can get a Republican on Beacon Hill I'll be satisfied.

10. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope you realize I was being sarcastic :slight_smile:

11. Danielle

Danielle Guest

I can't believe that people can support a party that doesn't view healthcare as a right.

12. Holmes

Shock, horror. A political thread has people with different opinions. We can't have any of that now.

For some reason, I can't see that video. Anyway, I'm not an American citizen, but I would like to support the Republicans. But I can't. Not when it's the sort of party that can be hijacked by the Tea Party, enforcing a RINO strategy in the primaries defeating good centrist candidates like Murkowski or Castle. And not while Christian evangelicals maintain such a hold in the party. I do like some Republicans, like Mitch Daniels, but most of them don't have the guts to name in clear terms what it is they want to cut. Like why don't they have the balls to admit how much so-called entitlements are bankrupting the US, and how they will have to be quite significantly scaled back over the next few decades if they don't want China to own the US financially.

13. donnie5

I voted obama in 2008 simply because I thought he might help gay people like he promised that never happened... so now i have no faith in either party there all a bunch of liars with alterior agendas. so no i won't vote anymore its a waste of the calories it takes to walk to the ballot...

14. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Good job completely ignoring the point of my post so you could appear smart, but not actually be it. Congrats. I said we shouldn't ARGUE. Which is what people were doing. Not that we should have one opinion only.

Really, good job. I just have to clap for you. :eusa_clap

15. Holmes

I know you weren't trying to stamp down different opinions because there should be one opinion, but I think a little heat in a political discussion is understandable. No one has said anything nasty about others here, so I just think it was a little early in the thread to be getting people to calm down. I mean, Chip admitted from get-go this could start a catfight.

16. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm voting Republican. And not afraid to admit it.

Lex

17. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    they seem to think about it differently over there. I've chatted to some very level headed americans about it who think it's a privilege to be earned rather than a right to be granted to have access to free basic health care. i find it hard to fathom

18. ANightDude

Washington was right. :dry:

19. HackmanWIU

Was not directed at you! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Next time I'll quote.

20. NickT

Personally atm I consider myself more Libertarian, possibly. Still trying to figure out their core beliefs. But yeah, kinda fed up with American politics altogether. They focus all their attention on trying to one-up the other party.