1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serbs riot over gay pride march - Could it get any worse?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Bevo, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Bevo

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5hODhj01sojPNlvneA__lDzOMKyIA?docId=N0190921286712601210A

I was listening to the BBC World Service just now and I was really shocked when I heard just how bad the situation in Serbia has reached...this will definitely set back any sort of gay rights movement in Serbia, but as an aside point it will also set back Serbia's application for EU membership.

2. Alex1705

You wouldn't believe what mess it is in here.
    People are literally throwing bricks at gay people.
    It's such an ugly mess,Im afraid to get out on the streets.
    It's just awful.
    Fag Cunts - Fag Cunts - it's been going on literally for like 2h without a break,the yelling.

3. Shevanel

What religious demographic is mainly doing this? or is it all mixed? I know the Serbian Orthadox is rather the majority demographic, so is it them?

4. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Not surprising at all.

Eastern Europe is not the most gay-friendly place. In most countries anyways. Hell, just over 40% of the Russian public favors re-criminalizing homosexuality.

5. Alex1705

At Shevanel,
    it's not about religion,well,mostly.
    We have these,football team mafia groups,you know.
    3 major groups,calling themselves ultrarighters or something.
    There's alot of them.
    And the police are with them,and are letting them bring guns and stuff inside.
    So they can kill people freely.
    Lovely,Serbia.Lovely,lovely.

6. Shevanel

Does sound lovely. Oh well. *sigh*

EDIT: Why I mentioned religion is because if they were truly following it, they wouldn't be calling for the deaths of innocents.

#6 Shevanel, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  7. Alex1705

Actually,the church is against the parade too,to be exact.
    But,they want to stop it "the peaceful way"
    Also,the main "excuse" for killing gay people is "FAMILIY".
    They can't make "families."
    Seriously...

8. Shevanel

Like I said, it still goes against their religion. and just because the church is backing it doesn't mean it isn't against their religion. It's fucked up and happens with just about every religion, but there are some true followers of their own religions out there. Ones that actually listen to the messages of love, acceptance, and to disown hate.

9. Alex1705

Well,our chruch is actually ... backing huligans to kill "fags" as we speak.
    Yes,they actually said "fags" on live TV.Let me quote the enitre Bishop's sentence.
    "fags don't deserve to live.they have been offered treatment which they have refused.they shall suffer the consequences"
    Oh and,the policemen are playing dumb,and not protecting the attacked.

10. Shevanel

Oh I know, I completely understand, it's really horrible. I'm just saying that church is wrong and not following their religion correctly.

11. Alex1705

Yeah,I second that.
    Church is completely wrong now.
    Serbia,judging by this,wont ever get EU membership.

12. Alex19

i cant believe how ignorant people are. its ridiculous. and pathetic. if god exists, id hope that when they die, he tells them how wrong they were. and sends them to hell. but seeing as i dont, i just wish for them to live miserable lives, in constant fear of the homosexual 'threat'

13. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Christian Ortodox are the worst homophobes, and sadly, they rule most of Eastern Europe, including Serbia..

14. ArabMan

It's all over the news here in Canada. It's very sad, there is blood everywhere.
    I'm so sorry for all LGBTs living in Serbia :frowning2: My thoughts are with you today...

15. Beachboi92

@alex1705 be careful :frowning2: you and the rest of the LGBT people over there are in my thoughts.

Someone needs to step in and end this wether it is military intervention or serbia calling in help or something. It sounds like anarchy in the streets for god's sakes.

16. Shevanel

Who's someone? Hopefully you're not talking about Team America. No one wants our help, remember?

17. Beachboi92

I was talking more seriously say like the serbian military, or their government asking for assistance from another country. I don't think this is really a humorous matter personally, i've been sick to my stomach since reading about this. I wonder if i will see anything about this on the news where i am, attention really needs to be called to the issue.

18. Shevanel

Hmm I wasn't attempting to be humorous. Sarcastic at parts, but I definitely wasn't laughing. But I doubt they're going to do anything about it themselves. Theoretically the UN should attempt to get involved, but ya know, they can't do any good if they walk around with no bullets in their weapons.

19. Beachboi92

If they don't do something there better be backlash from say the UN or surrounding or allied nations or something. It scares me to know there is this kind of thing still going on anywhere...

20. Shevanel

Worse things than this happen all over the world all the time. No one wants to do anything about it because it's "not their problem".