1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body of transsexual found in Point Breeze

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/20101013_Body_of_transsexual_found_in_Point_Breeze.html

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is really sad to hear :frowning2:

3. xCrazyInsanity

"He said there were no visible signs of trauma to the victim, such as stab or bullet wounds, but he declined to speculate on a cause of death"

Evidents leads to suffocation, consitering the pillow case?

4. x2x2x2x2y2

5. Tim

Tim

Although it is sad that someone died - We have no idea if it was a hate crime. People do get murdered everyday. It could quite possibly have been a robbery/rape gone wrong.

I know it's heartless to say, but not every little thing has to be reported in LGBT news just because it involves someone from the community being killed. People, as bad as it is, are murdered. Maybe I've just watched too much CSI or something, but meh.

6. Charme

Charme Guest

How is that going to be classified as anything else?

Anyways, the entire concept of hate crimes is stupid. I don't believe in punishing someone more severely just because there was malice in their intentions. A crime is a crime and must be dealt with accordingly - always.

7. Emberstone

kudos to the journalist for useing the right pronouns here. instead of refering to stacy as he, they refer to her by female pronouns.

Sorry, a gay english major here, so I just really like to see people being respectful of gender expression and identity.

8. Echo02

Echo02 Guest

I work everyday with young people who are victims of hate crimes. Some are from people in the community others their own family members. It has taken us more than 15 years to get to this point. If you do not undertsand hate crimes , please do some research I work with those who suffer every day and live.. it is REAL.

9. Krissie

:frowning2: terrible.

10. Miss Bubbles

she shall be missed