1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For gay youths, middle school can be toughest time

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...TFjR2-LV1RClA3PomVEAD9IQDJ382?docId=D9IQDJ382

2. RaRa

Middle school is the peak of kids annoyance.

3. Shevanel

For Youths, Middle School can be the toughest time*

Fixed it for you.

4. RaRa

No really. Most middle schoolers are the most obnoxious little things.

5. Shevanel

Well duh, but I'm saying just about everyone cites Middle School as the worst time of their childhood. Note "JUST ABOUT".

6. booby

being in middle school myself i can say that so far it has been the most hurtful one .. i just cant imagine myself 'out' .. id rather just defend LGBTs without saying anything

a couple of days ago, a boy in my class made fun of the way i dressed/talked/laughed and looks at me and says 'gay' to me whenever he sees me with a disgusted look :frowning2:

and today i said that if you think gay marriage is disgusting look at cousin marriage (which happens ALOT here btw and it's encouraged) and hell broke loose .. first with the Islamic teacher (from all the teachers i could have debated with) and kids from my class brought kids to 'look' at me (like i was a freak or a spectacle) saying 'this is the nerdy kid who says being gay is okay' and they would start laughing or saying ewww and saying hurtful stuff .. i cried at school but i was busy with my algebra homework so no one saw anything :')

7. Connor22

I'm out in middle school and I want back in

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :frowning2: I'm sorry you guys have been going through this. I think I personally was just lucky. I didn't even think of me being gay until I was like 15 so I didn't go through this type of stuff...I can only imagine how hard it's been for you guys...I hope it gets better.