1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lawyers: NYC gay hate crime suspects are innocent

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/...rs--NYC-gay-hate-crime-suspects-are-innocent-

2. Miss Bubbles

This shit is really pissing me off.

3. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

HOLD UP! WAIT A MINUTE!!!!! Their lawyers said they're innocent?! OMG! I judged them so harshly. Now that I hear that their lawyers have said they're innocent I am so sorry for them! I mean it just such a sad fucking thing they are going through. To imagine the pain they must have felt while they sodomized someone with a plunger, horrific. I feel so fucking bad for them now that their lawyers have told us they are innocent. Seriously though, why is this a thread? Did anyone think they're lawyers would say they did it? Why is this news? Once they're in jail for a long time I'll see that as news. Then maybe they're lawyers can tell us how they like being sodomized with a plunger which is less then they deserve.

4. Jay

Jay

Oh wait, God forbid this people are given a chance for a fair trial! They should be killed instantly!!!....

Please, in this society, whether you like it or not, we all should have a chance to say our side of the story. It's justice. Don't be so one-sided and think that just because the victims were part of our community, the culprits should not be given a chance to defend their "innocence".

5. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I never even implied that they should not have the chance to prove their lack of innocence or never meant to imply that rather. I'm just angry that the fricken media is trying to victimize them as if people should feel bad for them.

6. Jay

Jay

What people don't understand is that gang members usually follow orders and the real culprits might not be them but the people above them in the Gang. They are most likely not innocent and should be condemned appropriately, but until they are declared that way we should not be burying their bodies in advance.

The media will always take things to the extreme, regardless of the news. I don't think that is something shocking for you, and I don't know why anyone would think that just because it was a LGTB-hate crime it would be any different.

#6 Jay, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  7. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

The fact that this is a hate crime has nothing to do with it (Actually that isn't true it has a lot to do with it but the fact that its a GLBT Hate crime doesn't make a difference). The fact that they were in a gang doesn't matter either. They chose to do what they did. They had a choice. Everyone has a choice. If they were under orders from someone else, which is definitely a possibility, but even if they were it doesn't matter because they carried out those orders. They did the crime. What people really don't understand is that passing the buck to the people above them in the gang is bullshit. Those people should be punished as well but it does not in anyway diminish what THEY DID. What they did regardless of if they were told to do it because in any situation they did it. There is no excuse for what they did. Also, again you're acting as if I'm saying they shouldn't have a chance to prove their innocence but I'm not. I'm simply saying that is wrong that the media try and make them look like victims. Not because they committed a disgusting GLBT hate crime but because they committed a hate crime of any kind and an insanely heinous hate crime at that.

#7 Pepsi, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010
  8. Jay

Jay

I never said they shouldn't be punished, I said that they might not hold the sole responsibility for the act, just part of it. The media will always portray things in different lights, sometimes for the good and other times for the bad. I think we all are pretty much aware of that, so getting pissed at something the media has to do to sell I feel is a waste of emotion. And I do agree that instead of focusing in this pessimistic news, we should better focus in optimistic news.

9. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I apologize. I think that maybe I just misunderstood what you were saying. I agree we should focus more on optimistic news.

10. Jay

Jay

We cool? Group hug!!! :grin: *hug*

11. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

:slight_smile: Yeah yeah man, no harm no foul (*hug*)(&&&)

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The AMOUNT of crap that has happened this week makes me gag...like I literally feel sick to my stomach right now.