1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dems seize on tea party candidates' social stances

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...Sinkz0uPzi9Fpke3UT6wD9IPOOS03?docId=D9IPOOS03

2. Allecto

The Tea Party seriously scares the shit out of me. I thought the religious right was bad, but the Tea Party is one step away from the KKK.

3. Miss Modular

Sharron Angle's a Republican. We have a separate Tea Party candidate running for senate here. You know, just sayin' 'cause the article seemed a little misleading/confusing.

4. Holmes

The Tea Party isn't a single unit, so it's not untrue to describe Angle as a Tea Party candidate, most TP supporters are backing her. And she's in the crazy league like many of them. On our issues, for example, she said she'd refuse to accept money from a firm that supported gay equality.

5. Miss Bubbles

Well you know what i feel we should take a bigger stand then we already are. We all have been to quiet and comfortable to actually fight back.

6. RedState

A republican running for office that is against abortion....exactly how is this news?

A republican running for office that holds a conservative stance on social issues...hmmm..hold on, let me alert the Washington Post.

If this latest desperation move by the democrats is their "October Surprise" well they are in worse shape than I thought.

But it really says more than that. It simply goes to show that Washington (I mean that collectively, both R's and D's) is missing the point again....and that point is this: Should O'Donnell and Angle win (which I doubt O'Donnell will, Angle now tied and even ahead in some polls, very well could) it goes to show that people are so fed up they would rather vote and elect someone that is bat-shit crazy than elect ANYONE who has had ANYTHING to do with Washington.

Should that happen, I would think it would be a huge wake-up call for anyone who is an incumbent.

That article is also misleading when talking about the Constitution, Angle and the "separation of Church and State". While it is implied, and I could be wrong on this, those magic words "separation of church and state" never appear in that document. The only reference to government and religion is contained in the Establishment Clause where it states that the government shall not make any law establishing a religion, or the restriction of the practice of it (i'm paraphrasing obviously).

And I would hardly compare those that associate or compare those that associate with the Tea Party with the likes of the KKK...that's simply absurd. That would be the same as me saying that anyone who is associated with Moveon.org, CodePink, or The New York Times is a Marxist Communist that hates this country, those who fight for it, and everything it stands for. While I oppose what they do, I think a broad label like that is simply not factual, incorrect, and lacks creditability.

I have said it time and time again: EVERY political movement has it's kooks, loons, and people that should not be allowed out in public. EVERY movement.

Some of the extreme on the tea party I don't feel represent the entire movement of the tea party itself...at least not the numerous ones I have come in contact with.

But, should you feel that advocating for a more efficient smaller government and a lower overall and less complex tax structure is radical...well, consider me a radical. Because I believe all those things. Always have, always will.

7. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate religion. And I hate politicians who are religious.

8. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I don't hate politicians who are religious I just hate it when they try to shove it down others' throats. Just like how some of those obnoxious bitches are like "Well I'm fine with gays as long as it's not in my face." I'm fine with politicians having religious views as long as they're not in the face of the public arena.

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Democratic party is about to get its ass kicked seven ways to Sunday. And deservedly so. Americans are now SO sick of "politics as usual" that they're completely willing to vote for the "loonies", figuring that they can't be any loonier than what we've already got.

In a rather surprising change, Republican-but-running-as-an-independent Tom Tancredo is running neck-and-neck with Democrat John Hickenlooper for the governorship of Colorado. (My belief is Tancredo will pull this one out.) The actual Republican candidate is polling at 12% of the vote. If he should fail to get 10% come election time, by law, the Republican party would be reassigned "minor-party status".

Lex

10. Emberstone

in the case of sharon angle, it is a matter that she doesnt even support it for victims of rape, and incestuious rape. She even came out and said that rape victims that are impregnanted by strangers, or even their own realitives should be forced to give birth to their rapist's child, because it is 'God's Will/Plan'.

That goes beyond the average conservative call against abortion, and even in conservative circles, is considered to be over the top.

With angle, she is a tea partier not because she is supported by the tea party, but because one, she refuses to do interviews with anyone who doesnt already support/share her views, because she doesnt want to be asked probing questions americans want to know, two, she doesnt talk much about how she will fix the system, just that it is broken in her view, so she doesnt have a plan she will be public about, and three, she is just plain whacky, with her 'rape is gods work, and we should accept it without question' views, her lies that places like dearborn michigan have enacted sharia law *they did not, have never, and do not plan to*, and her desire to get rid of social security, and basically tell people to invest their money with the wall street broakers and bankers (yes... they did america good recently, havent they? WE SHOULD TOTALLY GO TRUST THEM... THEN RUN OUT AND SPEND 70% OF OUR PAYCHECK ON LOTTERY SCRATCH OFFS!!!)

With Christine O'donnell, it is her views on masterbation, her outright denegration of gays and women, and her penchant for out-there claims like "scientist have created mice will fully functioning human intelligence"... all of which make her a hilariously fun snl spoof source... but like sharon angle, doesnt seem to have a plan to fix all the problems she sees with the system. Doesnt help that she hasent had a job in decades, lied about being a college graduate... lied about where she went to college, and refused to pay her student loans.

With carl palideno, it is his fiery rhetoric, but lack of substance. there is a reason even conservative new yorkers are mistrustful of him; he sends out mailers scented to smell like a trash heap... he denegrates woman and gays and minorities... and he threatens people with violence. it doesnt help that he is proclaiming himself to be a traditional family values conservative... and keeping a mistress and child on the side.

then there is Carly Fiorena, who as CEO of HP, she spoke out against efforts to slow outsourcing, saying it will hurt america, then layed off thousands of american citizens so she could ship their jobs over seas where they can pay 10-30 cents on the dollar to forgien workers to do the same work... shortly there after, she gave herself a nice pay bump. now she is claiming she will create jobs... yes, and her history says they wont go to americans.

Then there is rand paul, who wants to get rid of social security, medicare, and medicaid. he has backed off slightly, and now wants to push to raise the retirement age from 65 to 75-80 instead, so that he can cut benifits. He says discrmination is wrong out of one corner of his mouth, then a second later say out of the other corner that we must repeal large chunks of th 1964 civil rights act...

This is what the tea party is bringing us. This is what they represent with pride... politics of such a violent and dangerous nature that is by its very nature will destroy peoples freedoms, and punish them for being poor, gay, female, black, hispanic, and/or old.

11. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i can't help but relate the tea party movement to a stupidity cult.

the morons have found their voice, and they're using it.

12. Bevo

All this reminds me of another tea party XD...

[​IMG]

13. RedState

Yes...wanting lower taxes and a smaller government is very stupid. How silly of us...what in the world are WE thinking? I know! Perhaps we simply need to return to the days of when the top marginal tax rate was 90%. Yeah! That seems like the "smart" thing to do!

And as far as Social Security is concerned, I still maintain what I have said all along: I fully support any effort to give people the option to invest a portion of THEIR OWN MONEY into private markets. The key is giving people THE OPTION. That's not taking it away, that is not completely privatizing the system....it is giving people the option to use their own money. To be completely against that idea is basically telling the American people that they are too stupid to do anything and that the government knows better than they do. It is simply feeding into the current culture in Washington of government dependency. Yes, typical thinking of "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".

The tea party wants to punish people for being old, poor, gay, black, and what else was it you said? Idk, it may have been having too many newspaper subscriptions or having too many weeds in your front yard...I can't remember.

Ah yes....you are on to the evil plan. How did you know? What was it that gave us away? i thought no one noticed when I kicked grandma and grandpa--and their Korean War Vet neighbor Mr. Gentry--out into the street and took all their social security and blew it all on a 30 to 1 shot at the dogtrack. Damn. Foiled again. I'll have to notify the powers that be that Horatio Caine is on the case.

#13 RedState, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  14. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    since you seem so well to identify with sarcasm...

Yes, because that's the ONLY thing the tea party espouses, small government and lower taxes! How silly of me to call them morons for just wanting to do that. Oopsie!

It has become a moronic movement, evidence of the absurdity and irrationality being actively encouraged by the current political environment, where everyone's opinion is as valid and intelligent as everyone else's regardless of the presence or non-presence of rationality, logic, or backing evidence.

http://www.newscientist.com/article...ring-us-into-adventures-in-irrationality.html

[youtube]01UipbZL3ww[/youtube]

15. RedState

Yes, I think it is silly to call them morons for just wanting that.

16. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    apparently the sarcasm was lost on you.

17. RedState

Yep, the sarcasm was lost on me...because there really wasn't any

Sarcasm, as I always understood it, was supposed to be funny.

I don't see anything funny in that....but maybe you Aussies see humor differently than I do.

18. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you'll have to excuse me, i'm leaking everywhere, it appears my sides have split.

good going.

19. RedState

Good!

I'm glad you appreciate my wit!

#19 RedState, Oct 15, 2010
  20. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if you don't want to be portrayed as a bumbling fool on here for the things you say, as you so often complain about, it might be better to stick to topic and actually acknowledge the point brought up, rather than ignoring it and taking a shot at some trait or aspect of whoever it is that happens to be disagreeing with you at the time.

Deciding arbitrarily to respond to sarcasm as if it were actually genuine rebuttal is dishonest, immature and unproductive. You can't have it both ways. If you want to play the sarcasm game, at least do it with respect, rather than using it to jab anywhere you can.

So, back to topic, since sarcasm has only led to more foolishness, the point is that small government and lower taxes alone are not at all what drive the tea party's growing numbers... It may have started that way, but the entity we now see is entirely different. Besides, the people jumping onto this bandwagon for the most part are just ignorant, bigoted, uneducated people, finding an outlet for their voice that lends weight to the nonsencial political jingoism that i thought i had seen the last of under bush. The people i refer to wouldn't have the slightest clue about anything other than that taxes are bad, obama is some kind of communist, and they need to 'take their country back' (and perhaps some other bigoted nonsense like fags can't marry or adopt kids or teach, christianity needs to be taught in schools, abortion is wrong etc etc). They flock, driven by people in the media like rush limbaugh, bill o'reilly, and glenn beck who irresponsibly encourage the ignorant to stand up and be heard. It is cultural illness, and it is being fostered on a huge scale.

it also kills compassion. Without that spark of rationalism to drive people to think from other peoples' points of view, they retreat back into the 'us and them' mentality, widening and deepening social divides.

this movement you move so quickly to defend has become the voice of the compassion-less and aggressive, those who fight before they think.

#20 Pseudojim, Oct 15, 2010