1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belgian Archbishop: AIDS is "inherent justice for the mistreatment of love"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pseudojim, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8107066/belgium-church-courts-controversy-again

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eh, so sick of religion.

3. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm really sick of bigots using religion as an excuse for their own hatred, dumbassery, and just flat out ass backwards perceptions on life.

4. Alex19

i couldn't agree more. when is religion gonna go extinct?

5. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I'm a Belgian, so I can't not reply to this one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'm obviously unsurprised. He has been making remarks like these for years. His party line has always been that the church started losing people when it got wishy-washy and refused to take stands on social issues. So in his mind, tough statements like these will make people flock back.

So far, he's been denounced by the Christian party (who usually always defend the church), at least three Bishops, and several high-profile church people. One of them even humorously remarked that the lack of church attendance was immanent justice for stupidity like this :lol:

Stupid as this might be, I'm still hoping it will turn out to be the death throes of the old guard. The top church leaders all grew up in the '30s and '40s. Most younger church people I know around here (my local priest and Bishop) are really quite progressive, and good forces in the community.

6. Jay

Jay

Not on my guard.

What needs to end is this troglodytes that define homosexuality as a sin. Being Gay is not a sin, but I won't get into that debate. However, religion has done as much good as bad in my book, and that is my opinion, something no one can refute.

I think that the religion is extremely outdated. It is not bad, it's just outdated. The same way as if you had an Itunes 5.1, it's not bad, it's just outdated.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are so many things I want to say, but because it's just your opinion I will not. But I still, none the less, completely disagree.