1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verdict upheld for firefighters harassed in parade

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/oct/15/appellate-court-upholds-verdict-firefighters-gay-p/

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm conflicted about this article. On one hand I think they should have been allowed to volunteer and I think they should not have been harassed by the patrons of the parade. I can understand ogling them, but actually harassing them I think is a bit too much.

On the other hand, the city spending millions on this is ridiculous and since this is also the Alliance Defense Fund defending them, it's clear it's another idiotic method of saying marching in this parade is wrong. They say it's because of their morals and beliefs but I'm sorry, even if it is, the ADF are never just about that, they're about anti-gay crap and imposing religion on everyone >_>

3. Miss Bubbles

^^^ I agree i mean seriously if you read the article they said "that the parade experience left them with headaches, anxiety, irritable bowel syndrome and other stress-related symptoms". Come on really? thats like using the twinkie defense.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that a city would FORCE its firemen to take part in a gay pride parade. Really? Why would any city do such a thing?

Lex