1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video: Gay marriage will lead to legalized incest

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://iowaindependent.com/45409/video-gay-marriage-will-lead-to-legalized-incest

2. British Lad

British Lad Guest

WTF that is wrong, but in terms of the reason why thay created that is miss infored the living in the 1600-1990 pereion wilhome to the 21st centary guys

3. Jay

Jay

I know this is something not to laugh about but it really made me LOL. "Before we were friends, we were brother and sister."

If the Iowa Supreme Court wants to legalize marriage between a man and a man or a woman and a woman then that's their call. For some reason Church and Estate are separate, because if they were not, we would still be paying to get into Heaven.

4. djt820

Well, incest should be legalized.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It saddens me being a saxophonist that a fellow saxophonist is such an idiot...

6. Emberstone

teehee... his name is 'hicks'... proof there is a God!!! It is wonderful that he is living up to the stereotype his name imparts!!!!!

7. djt820

That's discriminating and prejudice. Ever hear of a man named Bill Hicks?

8. Shevanel

Or the man who founded Hicksville >_>

9. Elven

Ugh this subject makes my brain ache but I think I agree....

10. Maddoxx

Well, in Sweden same sex marriges have been legal almost a year now and nothing weird or bad has happened :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Quite the opposite:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZFnZcezgDs
    (I know it's in Swedish but their happiness shines through me thinks ;-))
    And I don't think they will ever legalize incest here.

11. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Banging your cousin is already legal. That is incest by biological definition. So technically, it already is legal just with restrictions.

I just think the government shouldn't have laws regarding your personal life at all. No matter how disgusting incest is, having it illegal is just another restriction on your life. If you chose to bang your sister, it shouldn't be legally punishable. However, morally is a whole separate issue.

But the problem is, people tend to change their morals to fit the law over time. If incest was legal, eventually people might think it's okay to do it.

I am really on the fence about the issue, I don't want to deal with it, I see both sides. :/

12. Emberstone

I think that the big issue is that child born from incest have high mortalities rates, rates of disease, and rates of birth defects and deformeties, so it is frown upon because what gives you a right to knowingly curse a child with such risks and challanges... let along the pyshcological ones that come from realizing your born from family members getting it on with each other.

13. djt820

That's actually not true. Have birth deformities/mortalities because of incest is very low from what I've studied. And that's just being ignorant: "let along the pyshcological ones that come from realizing your born from family members getting it on with each other."
    That's bullshit. The same can be said with gay parents. LET ALONE THE PSYCHOLOGICAL ONES THAT COME FROM REALIZING YOUR BORN FROM 2 MEN GETTING IT ON WITH EACH OTHER. That's just being discriminative.

14. Charme

Charme Guest

Agreed.

15. Miss Bubbles

i'm on the fence for this too i feel incest is very hot and sexy but i was raised to think it was bad and a horrible thing to do but my family acts like they partake in it all the time i mean my family acts like they are gonna kiss each other and its just really weird even me and my brother are close like that but we haven't done anything(thank goodness) i just think its fine if it isn't brother and sister doing it.

16. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No comment lol.

17. Jay

Jay

Oh God I will try to be calmed with the incest ordeal.

There is one and just one thing that is sacred in this life: Family. Your family is sacred, mine is, everyone's is, even though they might act "crappy" or whatever. Bottom line, family is extremely sacred. There is no point to prove to back up arguments like "banging your sister" or "fucking your mom" or "sucking your dad's dick", that is something that should be punished both morally and legally because it's going too far and lacks a great deal of respect towards family.

There is where the difference is: Same-sex marriages will then form a family that is sacred, either by adopting or sperm donor on female/female marriages. That's still sacred, and as sacred as a regular family, not less. But when you're talking about doing immoral things with your own blood, you're just going too far.

And if incest should be legal, then should we all legalize sex with animals, and have a legislation that gives medical care for free to all of those who are attacked and wounded while trying to have sex with wildlife animals? We should also legalize drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, crack, crystal meth, and many others that I might not know about.

OH, while we're at it, why don't we legalize murder and hate crimes??

18. RaRa

You know some people don't share your view that family is the most important unit of society. I know I don't. So don't shove your beliefs down my throat. Everyone's morals are different.

You do know that people use the whole animal sex thing as arguments against gay marriage too, right? How do you expect an animal to consent and sign a marriage license? It's completely different.

I guess you haven't heard of prop 19 here in California? I'm voting yes.

19. Emberstone

you can't be born from two men getting in on with each other... so you are now equating gay relationships with two adults who are closely related?

It is scientific fact that inbreeding is dangerous.

20. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There is another issue to be brought up here. Legalizing incest opens up the legalization of not just brother/sister stuff but also parent/child stuff. I don't think I really need to explain the multitude of potential problems there.

Family relationships are far too complicated as it is. Add the legal possibility of this new dynamic and you are asking for a whole new brand of family chaos. I really think most of us are comfortable with that law staying exactly the way it is.

Also, normally, I would say that common sense would dictate that legalizing incest is far too extreme for any lawmaker to even consider, but I'm starting to realize that lawmakers don't really have any common sense. So who knows?