1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hours Before Spirit Day, Another Gay Suicide...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Revan, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.co...hare.me-facebook-post&utm_source=facebook.com

Sad to hear.....

2. ANightDude

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

It is very sad to hear about this. :frowning2:

I really wish that some news article would acknowledge the fact that this happens every day.

4. AlyssWonderland

:frowning2: This is so sad. All of these recent suicides are making me realize how lucky I am that I don't live in a homophobic area...

5. Smile

No...dammit all.

This is beyond ridiculous. One suicide was ridiculous.

This is getting so out of hand.

I am happy that there was an article in my state newspaper promoting acceptance of LBGTQ in schools on the front page. Maybe poor Corey can be the last one...maybe :frowning2:

6. x2x2x2x2y2

I'm so fucking pissed. This shouldn't be happening. It seems like there's nothing we can do to stop it. The world gets a day to honor the recent suicides, and yet another suicide happens. Are you kidding me?!?! I don't want this to keep happening. It shouldn't be. God, I'd do anything to make sure this doesn't happen again, but there's nothing I can do to help. Fuck.

7. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

I think the truth is that gay suicides have been happening at this frequency for years. I think it's good that it's finally getting the media attention it deserves if it finally spurs people to action.

8. yourillusion

I think you are right. It isn't new, we're just finally hearing about it, as we should be. Everything that's happened in response will help, but I don't think it will end, and if it is happening, we should be hearing about it. It needs to be in people's face for them to respond. Awful but true. :bang: