1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Gays are three times more likely to get pregnant than non-gays" - NOM

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Emberstone, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Emberstone

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinio..._for_gay_teen_suicides_l1Wt32kEJFFve2SzkjbpYP

oh, and the quote is from the advocate, i just linked to the full article.

2. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This much I have to agree with. She does make a valid point that suddenly legalizing gay marriage is NOT going to suddenly help these kids. They need real attention and care and should not be used in these debates.

HOWEVER, she misses the point that her fight against gay marriage fuels the fire in the day to day attitudes that cause these kids grief. No lady, your hands aren't completely clean. You have contributed to this as much as anyone else who promotes any kind of intolerance. All the statistical arguments in the world are not going to change that.

Moral obligation my ass. She is using the tragic stories of these kid's lives to make herself look less guilty and to strengthen her cause. She is using them as her "plaything in our adult battles" just as much as she accuses gay rights supporters of doing. You don't get more hypocritical than that.

EDIT: I've been reading some of the comments people have left on this article and it's almost universally against her. They say it better than I ever could.

#2 Leon481, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  3. Nomad187

Can someone please explain this logic to me?
    Last time I checked one of their main arguements was 2 guys can't make a baby and neither can 2 women. Has this changed recently?

4. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Supposedly it's data from Massachusetts health services and mostly applies to teens. Who knows how they came up with these statistics? It seems a little off to me to be honest.

I keep thinking back to that movie "Saved" where this nice, sweet, innocent, well-meaning, christian girl decides to "cure" her gay boyfriend of his gayness by sleeping with him and ended up pregnant. (Amazing movie by the way and deals heavily with these exact issues.)

#4 Leon481, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Very true, that movie was quite lovely....and this article is the most fucked up thing ever...

6. Emberstone

I think that NOM's arguements have been for the most part falling on deaf ears, so they are getting really desperate, and because of that, even more illogical.

Maggie Gallaghers frequent denegration of lgbt people is to blame in part because it legitimizes such ignorant hatred.

when we highlight these sucides, we are trying to bring attention to a tragic problem that is plaguing not just gay students and youth, but heterosexual youths who are bullied for being percieved, and something not even percieved as being gay, but just because of NOM style vitrolic hate speech.

Of course, maggie gallagher is a fat hypocrite who had a child out of wedlock, married, then destoryed his marriage by getting a divorce. she has no right to say she is a defending of marriage, because she did the one thing that destroys a marriage, and that is get a divorce.

You cant ever expect a fundementalist chirstian to belive in the concept of repenting... they sin first, before anyone else, then repent never. It does not fit into their arrogance to repent.