1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Emory Student Dragged From Frat Party

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://emorywheel.com/detail.php?n=28899

2. RedState

The article wasn't clear, but was this a Halloween party or something?

Obviously the situation could have been handled more diplomatically (the headlock was a bit extreme), but sometimes people need to use a little common sense. If you walk into a fraternity party in the south wearing an outfit like that you are simply asking for trouble.

#2 RedState, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  3. RaRa

So every other region of the US is allowed to progress besided the south just because we'd be "asking for trouble?" I dont get this. Everytime you just here "oh well its the south, what did you expect?" I expect people to get their head out of their ass. How about using common sense and not kicking someone out of a party where everyone is supposed to have fun? It seems like this definately seemed to have ruined some of that with everyone attending wondering what the fuck had just happened.

So yeah, we need less "its just the south" and more "how the fuck are we gonna change this shit."

4. RedState

All I'm saying that if you show up to a private fraternity party, un-invited, wearing what-ever get up this guy had on you could probably expect some heads to turn and you will probably get hassled by some drunk fraternity guys....and you would be extremely nieve not to expect that. Right or wrong that is just how it its. Sigma Nu is a large fraternity...while I was not a Member of Sigma Nu in college I did belong to a large fraternity at Alabama...so I know how these guys think down here. It is all about protecting their image.

If they wanted to kick they guy out they should have simply said "Look, this is a private party and it would be best if you leave". Putting someone in a headlock and tossing them out on the street is obviously not the best way to handle a situation like that.

5. lostinthought9

I think we should wait to hear the "official" story before we start a debate about this. :slight_smile:

If you read the article, there are two sides to this thing, both seem really possible, so we'll just have to wait and see if anything new comes up.