1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Fable III' video game allows same-sex couples to marry, adopt kids

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://chicago.gopride.com/news/article.cfm/articleid/14085081

2. Charme

Charme Guest

I wish Harvest Moon was this way...

3. Eric

I love Fable. ^_^

4. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

Fable II allowed same-sex marriage as well, but I don't think you could adopt. Also, Dragon Age: Origins allowed you to be in a serious same-sex relationship. In all of these games, the fact your character can be gay has really helped me enjoy the story lines even more.

5. Nomad187

I am playing Fable 3 right now :3

6. Charme

Charme Guest

I thought it was funny that the elf was gay. And had a Spanish accent.

7. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I thought it was strange that if you play as an elf and have sex with Zevran, that your character is pretty clearly the bottom. I figured the hero of the game would definitely be a top, but apparently not if he is an elf :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: .

8. RaRa

I played the first Fable and made my character gay; than bisexual. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

'Twas fun. It's nice that games are doing this now.

9. Smile

I usually made my character gay but ultimately he would be bisexual because I always made him whore around a lot :slight_smile:

However, the option of adopting is quite nice as well. I can't wait to play Fable III, if my Xbox 360 stops giving me problems :/

10. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also, adding to that list is Fallout: New Vegas. It has a specific perk for your character that opens up gay dialog trees. And has no shortage of characters to try it out on. Even though gay rights in post-apocalyptic America are not something to get enthousiastic about...
    Also, it gives you a 10% combat bonus aginst same-sex enemies. I haven't tried if being gay gave me that superpower in real life :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Mass Effect had a gay romance option originally, but it was cut out. The male one, that is. Because lesbian romance actually sells more copies, it seems :rolle: (on the other hand: good for the lesbian contingent of players, at least!)
    They did leave all the files in for the gay male romance on the disk, so it was modded back in just days after the game was released :lol:

11. adam88

Fallout: New Vegas - the "Confirmed Bachelor" perk is actually one of the most useful for a male, combat-oriented character because of how many male enemies are in the game. Plus the gay benefits too. :grin:

Mass Effect 3 did leave in the omnisexual Yeoman Chambers. Humans, aliens, male, female, she doesn't care. :wink:

And I've got Fable 3 at home; I was watching my roommate (who bought it) play it last evening and I hope to get some face time with it today.

12. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I had heard that and was really hoping there would be a gay romance in Mass Effect 3. Unfortunately, my boyfriend is probably correct in pointing out that if they haven't done it in the first two, then it probably won't happen in the third installment. :frowning2:

13. Alex19

nice to see us getting some recognition in the gaming world :slight_smile:

14. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You never know. He might be coming around to his secret urges later in life :icon_wink
    Also, it strikes me as wrong that I said there was a lesbian Romance in there as well. It's technically a human/asari romance, and Asari are genderless. They just happen to all look like female supermodels :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I think one interesting thing I once read (without remembering where) is that they didn't think the gay romance worked because it was too easy to roll into. And the way computer game romances work, you can't get out of them easily. So one moment your heterosexual Shepard would be really interested in Kaidan's backstory, with no strings attached, and the next there's a cutscene with them snuggling in the captain's quarters. Apparently, while gay people are used to seeing straight romances, straight guys (the target audience) don't react well to random gay romance popping up unintendedly.

Maybe that's why they left the Zevran gay romance in Dragon Age, as it's pretty explicitely him coming on to you and offering massages and suggesting more could happen. Hard to misinterpret that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: