1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkansas School Board Member Clint McCance: 'Fags' Should 'All Commit Suicide'

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.queerty.com/arkansas-sch...-gay-kids-should-all-commit-suicide-20101026/

2. HomoHetro

Oh My God, That turns my stomach!

3. Mogget

That's...impressive. Most homophobes nowadays are of the quieter "we love them, just in a special way" school of thought, but there are still a few of the old-school gems. One of them has a popular radio station in my community, he scares me as I'm pretty sure he'd like to kill me.

4. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The thought of an asshole like this sitting on a school board disgusts and infuriates me. Not to mention the fact that he's on a school board, and doesn't seem to quite understand the concept of proper grammar: "killed thereselves"?? FAIL.

I mean, seriously, what would the school board do if God forbid a depressed gay kid in that area read that tripe and decided to commit suicide?

5. Emberstone

in the south, if they dont sit on the school board, they are a parent trying to ban books/force schools to only allow christanity.

*shakes fist at Laura Mallory*

6. remow49

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This made me so angry. I don't even have any words for this. How on earth could be still be on the school board? I feel so sorry for his children.

7. RedState

>>>In the south, if they don't sit on the school board, they are a parent trying to ban books/force schools to only allow Christianity

Oh really?

Gosh, that's news to me. But what the hell do I know? I've only lived here for 29 years.

That will come as a surprise to mom and dad...since they were soooo involved in the whole banning books thing and all...I always wondered why I had find Judy Bloom books on the blackmarket.

The above mentioned nonsense aside, this board member is obviously an ignorant ass.

#7 RedState, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  8. AlyssWonderland

Ugh, he should not allowed to be in the school board... or near children... or in America...

9. ANightDude

Oh gee, thanks. You are so right. We're all the same way. All the kids who supported me were lying to me. My parents are too. So are any teachers, the GSA at my school, etc. Not stereotypical/offensive in the least.

Can we STOP with the personal attacks between you two? Jesus Christ in heaven.

10. RedState

I didn't see that as a personal attack. I wasn't calling him an ignorant ass I was referring to the board member.

11. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree, let's please not stereotype the south. Not everyone here is an arrogant prat like Mr. McCance.

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Meh, just another person using a tragedy to get attention. Ie. Just another Fred Phelps. Ignore him people because all it does is give him more fuel for the fire.

13. Shevanel

That was just a misunderstanding of the term Board Member xD

14. concklin

I really don't understand the point in his apology. It's not like the statement he made has potential for misinterpretation. His apology means nothing.

15. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Someone just lost their job :3

16. Shevanel

17. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Apology?? how can there be an apology for that.. If it gets accepted thats stupid... He obviously only wants to keep his job not the acceptance.

18. ArcusPravus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Exactly, you can't say that and then apologize. If you didn't actually mean that, there is absolutly no possible way you could say something like that to begin with. Also considering his resposne to outrage of his post, i doubt he'd ever give one anyway.

On a side note, after reading that article, how is "Where In The World Do Tops Have The Best Chance of Finding a Bottom? (Hint: Steer Clear of Shoe Factories) / Queerty" something that pops up in the "You might also like to read...." box?

19. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>how can there be an apology for that..

In the world of celebrity (although it extends to anybody whose name is out in public, so it applies to politicians and professional athletes, too), there's something called the "non-apology apology". That's where you say something like "If anybody was offended by my words, I apologize". Because think about it. What you're actually saying is "I apologize to anybody thin-skinned and touchy enough to be hurt by what I said". It's surprising how often people get away with these "apologies".

Lex

20. ANightDude

Was he officially fired? Like, with a source or something? Just curious. I know it's been denounced and shizz.