1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retired chaplains warn against 'don't ask' repeal

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...eNdE8Q?docId=be354067aa5542d0a64ba035c41497a4

2. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't believe churches will pull their chaplains over this. Regardless of how they feel about gay people, don't they have any consideration to their non-gay congregation in the military? It sickens me.

It's funny that they say repealing DADT hinders their religious freedom. The only thing hindering their religious freedoms in this case is their own closed minded attitudes. If they stop caring for all the military personnel just because a few of them may be gay, that is their choice, not something that was forced on them.

3. NickT

Yeah, cause atheists don't serve in the military.

4. Paper Heart

I would prefer freedom from religion in these cases.

5. Mogget

The whole thing is ridiculous. Chaplains don't endorse the military by serving in it. The RCC didn't pull its chaplains out just because it opposed the Iraq war, after all. But for whatever reason they think they can make some sort of stand against homosexuality. Even if it were a sin, there's no reason that serving alongside openly gay soldiers would be a sin. After all, Christianity's pretty clear that everyone's a sinner. *wanders off mumbling about Christian theology*