1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My College Just Got A GSA

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Endlessnight500, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Endlessnight500

I go to school in a small college in middle Ga. There is no major city around it, I mean you could literally walk across the entire college town in less than 30 min, and we just got a Gay Straight Alliance started. We got it approved last minute, and the first meeting was very impromptu, but well still ended up with over 30 people, and the next meeting we plan to see alot more. I'm so excited. (!)(!)(!)

We want to do alot and be very active on campus. We want people to know that GSA isn't a Gay Club, Its a club for everyone and we are just supporting equallity and awareness. The first thing we are going to do around campus is have the health department come up and they said they would give free HIV test. Another thing we are going to be doing is a local high school out reach program. Since all the local high school are pretty much in the sticks out here in middle Ga....slap dab in the middle of the Bible Belt tolerance can be hard to find sometimes. Especially for the people coming out in high school.

We need more ideas about what we want to do for awareness and activies. WE are going to have a V-day dance I know that much....but if anyone has any ideas about a direction we should go I would very much appriciate it.

2. Blondie

Blondie Guest

GREAT keep it going(&&&)

3. Endlessnight500

does anyone have any ideas about what we can do as a club to promote awareness and equality on campus and in our area. The GSA has alot of potential but we are coming up short on more ideas.