1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

San Diego Gay Man Savagely Attacked

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?ch=news&sc=&sc2=news&sc3=&id=112348

2. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I hope he is ok

3. Alex19

i dont understand how this stuff happens in california- gay capitol of the usa

4. Shevanel

Contrary to popular belief, California isn't like that Katy Perry video >_>

5. RaRa

Maybe if you're living in coastal areas; the inland is very conservative. It's just that everyone thinks California centers around L.A. and the Bay Area because that's where most of the population is.

I hope he gets better. I didn't really expect this to happen in San Diego though, but it can happen in San Francisco too so...

6. Alex19

it is sad, regardless of the location. im just glad that kind of stuff doesnt happen where i live *knocks on wood*

of course, if someone did something like that where i live, theyd prolly get put through hell because of it :slight_smile:

7. Shevanel

I dunno which part of NY you live in, but haven't you noticed the string of attacks against LGBT folk last month? Staten Island, and freakin Nassau County, Long Island (where I'm from) had attacks. Pretty sure there were more too. I wouldn't say there is a place that is immune from bigots that actually carry out their craziness, no matter how gay friendly the place may be otherwise.

Not to be bleak however, slowly but surely this will be phased out from reality.

#7 Shevanel, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  8. Charme

Charme Guest

Haha. But that place was called Candyfornia!

Anyways, it doesn't surprise me that is was in San Diego though. SoCal isn't as LGBT friendly as coastal NorCal.