1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exit poll: Nearly a third of gays voted for GOP

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upsho...xit-poll-nearly-a-third-of-gays-voted-for-gop

2. Mogget

Disappointing, but not surprising, especially given the Log Cabin Republican's recent court victory. Don't expect the GOP to be at all welcoming.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Didn't read the article, but did they mean "voted for PREDOMINATELY Republicans", or "voted for ANY Republicans"? Because I'd find it pretty depressing if, even now, 70% of gays are voting the straight Ds.

Lex

4. Dan82

It was the national house exit poll, so it only tells how people voted in congressional races.

5. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I would never vote Republican.

It's hard to even vote for a straight democrat.

Gah. :|

6. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Self-hating much?

7. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I read the title as "Nearly a third of gays voted for their own discrimination."

My bad..

8. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Wow. You guys are harsh. How the heck can you expect EVERY LGBT person to vote republican JUST based on the gay issues. That is freaking ridiculous. There are issues far more important for some people than gay rights. Yes, maybe to you (and me for that matter) gay rights is the most important thing right now, but it doesn't give you the right to make gay people that might have voted republican feel inferior in any way.

Ever talked to a gay person that has voted republican before? Asked them why they voted the way they did?

What you guys are doing here is diving us even further. Learn to respect peoples difference or AT LEAST understand where they are coming from before you pass judgement.

#8 TheEdend, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2010
  9. Shevanel

Quoted. For. Truf.

10. Jay

Jay

Thank you! that is what I've tried to say for so long and couldn't find the words to do so.

11. Rikudo

This

12. ArcaneVerse

^^This^^

13. RedState

Well, it's about time we came to our senses :wink:

Yes, there are more pressing issues out there other than LGBT issues...like the fiscal foundation of this country.

14. ANightDude

Not every Republican out there hates/disapproves of homosexuals. I'm sure many people out there checked the majority of the issues and see what they'll agree with. And when they see the Republicans won't be able to do anything either, they go back to democrats. Then back to Republicans, then back to Dems, etc, etc, etc. It's always like that.

In my humble opinion, the country can't get back to how it was originally. Political Parties have pretty much run the country. The only way we'll be able to get back on track is if we finally start doing what is best for the country, not the party. It doesn't matter who's in charge, the high majority of them suck. Hence why I'm independent.

Just my opinion.

15. Emberstone

the problem is, no matter what, party demiguogery is here to stay.

But still. yes, lets vote republican, and continue to pamper the wealthy as if they are struggling to get by while making the term 'middle class family' be the equivilant of finding bigfoot making out with lindsey lohan's sense of self control.

16. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Human rights trump all.

17. Shevanel

There are also more important human rights violations out there that aren't getting nearly enough attention they deserve.

18. RedState

>>>Human rights trump all.
    Well..if we continue to blow our financial base we won't have to worry about human, dog, bird, or any other rights for that matter...because we will collapse. It is a mathematical certainty at the current rate.

Speaking of Human Rights, I was very pleased to hear that the US has submitted itself for review by the worthless United Nations in regards to it's own Human Rights agenda.

So glad we will get judged by the Chinese and the Libyans regarding our own country's Human Rights.

>>>Let's vote Republican and pamper the wealthy.
    Once again, I can't understand why you on the left utterly hate those that are successful in our society. Envy I suppose.
    I applaude success and hope everyone obtains it...although I must admit I did get a little bit of joy when that cursed Delta Airlines declared bankruptcy...simply for the fact my luggage never seems to arrive at the same place it do.

#18 RedState, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  19. ANightDude

It's the United Nations. Meaning nations of the world united, not just ones with our values. They have every right to be in there and judge us, right or wrong.

But I do agree that the United Nations was pretty much, long story short, an Epic Fail. At least the League of Nations had power.

20. Dan82

If it weren’t for the last administration we’d have far more credibility on the matter.