1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lutheran Group Won't Let Gay Chicago Couple Adopt Homeless Boy

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/new...ily-services-gay-dads-adopt-adoption-20101108

2. Emberstone

just to give a little background info.

this group is affiliated with the missouri synod, which is fairly well known as being the equivilent of a ultra-orthadox jew is to jewish religious expression. It is not uncommon for missouri synod churches to have basically what is a 'shut the fuck up woman, you have a vagina, and therefore are lesser than me, and put on this earth by god to serve me because I have a penis' mentality. They are hardly known for equality or equity.

This is a section of the lutheren church removed from the ELCA, which has opened itself up to gay clergies, and have taken steps towards equality and equity among their congregations.

3. ANightDude

Totally this. The ECLA would have gone all out if this was part of their organization.

4. Emberstone

I am hoping that the ELCA will speak out against this groups actions. The head bishop of the ELCA did a 'it gets better' video, and ELCA has made alot of great strides in the last few years for LGBT issues.

I just wanted to be sure people knew that this was a group outside the mainstream of lutherenism.

Missoui synod is really screwed up in many ways, and this is a result of the warped, backwards beliefs of the synod.

5. NickT

Apparently "religious freedom" supersedes a child's happiness. Interesting.

6. Emberstone

dont forget, religious freedom also superscedes 'thou shell not kill'.