1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marie Osmond on 'Oprah': My Son Was Not Gay

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/marie-osmond-opens-michael-blosil-oprah/story?id=12120777

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, her son wasn't gay. He just liked boys, wanted to have sex with boys, etc., but couldn't admit that to anyone and was deeply closeted because he was a Mormon in a very high profile Mormon family.

I mean, not to stereotype, but he was a fashion design major for God sakes, and the number of straight males in fashion design school? Very, very few.

The senior management in the Mormon church is simply evil and is singlehandedly responsible for probably thousands of suicide deaths each year with their bigotry and hatred. And they probably won't change their attitude until the government threatens to revoke their charitable status; same thing happened with outlawing polygamy and allowing blacks to join the church.

Frustrating that there can be people out there who are above the law and can just say and do whatever when it has such a high emotional cost.

That said, I also realize there are a lot of Mormons who don't agree with the elders and the Living Prophet. I just wish those that disagree would grow a pair and go after these assholes and insist the church update its doctrine. If God can magically phone that it's OK to admit blacks days before an IRS revocation is to go into effect, he can do the same about gays.