1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pageant Boys: Competing for Crowns in a Girls' World

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/pageant-b...irls-world/story?id=12056210&tqkw=&tqshow=GMA

2. Rikudo

Child Pageants are just wrong in general bunch of over controlling parents.

3. Beachboi92

i personally think child pageants at that age period are ridiculous. But if a kid actually wants to do it let them do it. The thing that pisses me off is all these people that think these things will result in them being gay, i mean come on. I wish to god that my parents had put me in a dance class as a kid, i just recently started to do it and i love it, unfortunately i had one of those dads who thought something like that would result in me being gay....

4. Frer3

Little did he know...

5. Zach1992

I did Bridal Shows when I was little... could that be why I'm gay? :lol:

6. MMAnick

I've never heard of this before today and at first thought they were putting dresses and wigs on little boys. But now that i see thats not it i dont see anything wrong with it, as long as they are not forcing the boy to do it. The 3day old boy was way too much. really he's 3days old. he needs to be at home drinking milk pooping and doing other baby stuff.

7. Darkwing65

Yeah i find child pageants are rather disturbing.

However, i'm really glad to see people breaking gender stereotypes. I am of the belief that people are not "made" gay, as i'm sure a lot of other people on this site. If i am correct in this belief, then children should be encouraged to pursue that which make them happy. Regardless of its cultural acceptance. A lot of what is considered 'normal', are no more than societal and cultural norms, and have and will change over time.

#7 Darkwing65, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I laugh my butt off at the show...though I feel so bad for some of the kids. Some of the kids though are just as into it as their mothers so I can't help but laugh at them too...