1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andrew Compton Case

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dare2bProud, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Dare2bProud

I'm not sure if this has been posted here, but this happened in the past week in Indiana & Kentucky about a 18 year old male who was murdered by a 40 year old man he met online. As of right now they are still searching the landfill for his body. This is very sad.

COURIER JOURNAL
    Louisville, KY

Gregory M. O’Bryan, who has been charged with murder in the case of missing 18-year-old Sullivan University student Andrew Compton, could be eligible for the death penalty, according to a prosecutor handling the case.

O’Bryan, 40, was arraigned before Jefferson Circuit Judge Mitch Perry Friday morning after he was indicted by a grand jury Thursday on one count each of murder and sodomy, two counts of tampering with physical evidence and three counts of abuse of a corpse.

Perry upheld a $1 million bond for O’Bryan, who has pleaded not guilty, and is being held at Metro Corrections.

After the arraignment, Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Tom Van De Rostyne said his office will seek the death penalty because of aggravating circumstances in the case.

Defense attorney Amy Hannah declined to comment.

Police allege that O’Bryan and Compton met online and then in person Oct. 28. The two went to O’Bryan’s apartment in the 1600 block of Lucia Avenue after he allegedly picked Compton up from his dormitory on Gardiner Lane.

O’Bryan told police that Compton died while they were having sex and that he concealed the body in a dumpster near his apartment.

Police tracked the contents of the garbage bin to a landfill near Medora, Ind., and police have been searching for Compton’s body for the past week and half.

Van De Rostyne declined to discuss specific details about the case or the landfill search, but he did say for some type of closure for the Compton family, he hopes police are successful in their search.

A pre-trail hearing in O’Bryan’s case has been set for Dec. 2

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20101119/NEWS01/311190070/1008/NEWS01/Man+may+face+death+penalty+in+case+of+missing+Sullivan+student

---------- Post added 21st Nov 2010 at 12:33 AM ----------

Here's another Link that goes into the story a little deeper! This is very sad.

http://www.fox41.com/Global/story.asp?S=13531558

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This makes me sad :frowning2:

3. Emberstone

I think it is highly unlikely a 18 year old would simply drop dead during sex.

4. Dare2bProud

Yeah. I agree. There has to be more to it. I use to work in this area, it is a suburb of Indianapolis, so I have been keeping up with it. I'll let you guys know more!