1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fox News said to reject ad on ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/fox-news-reject-ad-dont-tell/

2. Emberstone

should we be surprised?

When Fox News says fair and balanced, it is laughable that anyone takes that as a serious mission statement... it would be just as laughable if msnbc choose to use a paraphrase of the same sentiment. welcome to 24 hour news cycle, where if you want news, you are bang out of luck.

this is fox, where sarah *doesnt know there is such a thing as north and south korea, and had to be told that, and where it is on a map* palin is given free reign to show how out of touch she is with reality.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. midwestblues

/thread

5. Striker J

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  6. RedState

well..at least they are in the wonderful position to be profitable and have the ratings to turn down advertisements at will...which can not be said for their direct competition...are CNN and MSNBC still on the air? Oh I forgot...CNN is...they still dig Larry King up every night and wheel him out.

7. Emberstone

ratings do not equal credibility. Ratings does not equal factual accuracy. Ratings simply means you get people to tune in to your channel, not that you provide anything of journalistic quality.

fox's ratings simply mean they get alot of people to watch, many who clearly do not watch for accuracy or for integrity.

8. RedState

Yes, ratings do not equal credibility...which is obviously the case with NBC, CBS, ABC...
    So, let's simply make a deal. You keep listening to tax-payer funded NPR...and I will keep watching free enterprise Fox and we will leave it at that.

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Deal. And I'll get reliable news, and you'll get propaganda for the Republican Party.

Rupert Murdoch even admitted somewhere that Fox does what it does purely for ratings and profitability, and he has no interest in actual objective news, because "that isn't what sells." So I suppose if people want to watch propaganda-laden, distorted news from a network that clearly favors one party, and in doing so, support a network that is the poster child for a corrupt and broken "free enterprise" system... they're welcomed to do so.

And we wonder why people are stupid enough to think Sarah Palin has a brain. Sheesh.

10. midwestblues

...are you oblivious to what Fox News does, or are you simply here to troll?

11. RedState

And what is it that Fox news does? They present a product to an audience. You don't have to watch it, or even like it. I despise the show Glee...but it has an audience and people watch it. They have a product to sell, so good for them. I choose not to watch it.

I swear this hatred, and borderline obsession with Fox news is odd. Same thing with Palin. Just the mention of those two names and some people just fall apart and lose their senses...interesting. I guess it's kind of like saying "Beetlejuice" three times. I mean damn, I oppose just about everything that Obama does..but I don't hate the man (Hell I've even defended him a couple of times here)

Yes, if I was to watch or listen or read something that clearly favors one party Chip I will tune into any of the major networks, the New York Times, The Washington Post and NPR...who had one of it's commentators one time wish that a sitting US Senator and his grandchildren would get AIDS...yes, quite the journalistic integrity. Glad we are subsidizing that type of trash journalism.

There is a simple solution Chip...if you don't like Fox News, don't friggin watch it. You have that choice in the "free market" system that you seem to condemn so much.

#11 RedState, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  12. Eric

This.
    Honestly, I don't like Fox. They're a money-grubbing, biased as fuck corporation.

But that's what they want. They want to make money and they want to have high ratings. And wouldn't you? Journalistic integrity is nice and all...but it doesn't always pay the bills. I'd advocate for the republican party if it meant having an 8-figure salary. Fuck yeah!

And honestly, it's not much different at MSNBC. The biggest difference is they don't make as much money. Both corporations air some news and some opinion shows. Both take it upon themselves to exclude some pretty significant national news. Both have douchey analysts and lame morning shows with pretty phony people.

As far as the actual topic goes, I don't think we should commercialize politics anyway. It's like Tim Tebow's slightly gay anti-abortion ad that aired during the Super Bowl last year. There's a time and place for politics and I'd rather it not be slapped between the KFC Double-Down and some new movie that's surely going to bomb.

13. Emberstone

Troll seems reasonable.

I dont even listen to radio, let alone NPR, and get most of my news from CNN which still remebers what 'News' is.

Fox news isent a shining jewel of free enterprise and capitalisem... it is a steaming pile of what is wrong when capitalisem has no soul.

14. RedState

>>>It is a steaming pile of what is wrong when capitalism has no soul.

I actually had to laugh at that one. A little dramatic, but oh well...to each is own.
    Yes yes...the Fox boogeyman is one of the culprits of our ills in this world...I mean everyone knows how Fox News sneaks out and gets teenage girls pregnant and sells crack on the side of the street.

I will say it again. If people don't like Fox, then don't friggin watch it. Problem solved.

15. RaeofLite

I'm under the impression that most newstations in the US seem to be politically inclined to either conservative or democratic, whereas in Canada they almost always seem Liberal and open minded.

Still... that is disappointing.

16. midwestblues

I'm just curious as to what part of Fox News you especially like. The homophobic O'Reilly Factor? The homophobic Glenn Beck? The overall climate of homophobia laced throughout the entire programming? Or the network's grossly biased support for a political party who is adamant about keeping gay people stripped of their rights?

17. RedState

Once again, I do enjoy the comic relief on here sometimes.

The homophobic Bill O'Reilly? How exactly is he homophobic? Hell he blasts Republicans as much as he blasts Democrats. I've never heard him mention a gay slur on the air.

The homophobic Glenn Beck? While I am not a huge fan of Beck I wouldn't exactly say he hates gay people. He did take a public stance against a New York gang and their anti-gay behavior...I don't really call that the actions of a huge "homophobic" as you call it.

The climate of homophobia laced throughout the entire programming. Do you write for Leno? because that one really had my sides splitting. How exactly is it that they have a climate of homophobia? I mean I'm a gay guy and I watch Fox on a regular basis and I have yet to pick up on that...interesting.

The network's biased support for a political party? Have you ever read the New york Times, The Washington Post, The Atlanta-Journal Constitution, The L.A Times, the San Francisco Chronicle or any other major newspaper in the country? Have you ever watched MSNBC, NBC, CBS, or ABC? The fact that one network out of all those on TV that has a conservative lean to it sends the left into obit simply astounds me.

Just further proof that the left does preach tolerance...just as long as you agree with them.

18. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Expecting a republican to understand that Fox News is biased as shit is about as realistic as expecting Sarah Palin to say something intelligent and unbiased.

MSNBC is just as biased as Fox on the opposite end. I'll agree with that. The rest of them, not so much. But I would never expect a republican to acknowledge that. Just ain't gonna happen.

My problem with Fox is they represent themselves as an unbiased news source when they are clearly not. I don't think MSNBC makes similar claims; they know they are liberal and most of their op/ed shows are pretty clear that they are offering opinion. Fox doesn't do that. That's the problem.

And unfortunately, there are a lot of dumbasses in middle america who aren't smart enough to discern the difference between bias and objective reporting. Those people should not be watching either MSNBC or Fox. In fact, they would do well to look at Google News and read an aggregation of different viewpoints, preferably a bunch from non-US sources, to get a more evenhanded view. But it seems a majority of the people in America are simply too stupid to know how to study something and detect bias and be able to make their own decisions. And that's how we end up with a country that things GW Bush or Sarah Palin are actually intelligent people. (There are plenty of stupid Democrats as well, just none that have been run for or been elected President in recent years.)

19. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I never laughed harder in my life. Thank you

20. midwestblues

^Prime example of ignorance --> bliss. I feel like I'm wasting my time even fetching these videos, because someone who adamantly argues that Bill O'Reilly isn't homophobic is pretty much beyond reason.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isczu1-pYN0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy9jtbazxL0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g8VNUkIemw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzbjQFe46FE[/youtube]

I'm actually more of a Letterman guy, but I hope these last two videos give you a good chuckle, anyways. :icon_wink

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERMqBT4pWkc[/youtube]

[YOUTUBE]HTTP://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR6lv1uivh4[/YOUTUBE]

As far as those other networks or publications being biased or not, I don't care about them. I'm talking about Fox News, and it's obvious to anyone who isn't Helen Keller that they are not fair and balanced.