1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Let lesbians serve in military, we will rape them straight!"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Emberstone, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Emberstone

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_...entary_Suggests_Corrective_Rape_for_Lesbians/

My favorate part is how descriptive thier homophobe is about naked male bodies, useing words like "lithe" to describe the male form of soliders. how many straight men would bother using a term like that to describe another man?

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Ugh. I can't even explain how angry I am. >_<

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

"rape"... Erm... If they think thats ok then... I don't know...

4. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was under the impression that humans never swung through the trees in any real sense? :confused:

5. Emberstone

I think he has been watching too many tarzan movies... which further adds to his gayness, since tarzan tends to only wear a loin cloth, and maybe a toga...

he loves discribing male bodies as lithe (I.E. supple and marked with effortless grace), and likes to imagine men swinging through trees on vines.

6. RaRa

I lol'd at the title.

But no really, this wasnt even funny, just sad.

7. Emberstone

What is with conservatives, and trying to legitimize rape. Sharon Angle tried to legitimize the crime of rape by saying it is gods will that a woman is raped and impregnated by her rapist, and now this douchebag is trying to pull in the 'corrective rape' card that is so common in backwater areas of africa and the middle east. Worse, there are people who defend these vile views.

the world is screwed if this is in this day and age, people who hold these backward views still exist. how long before people start refering to african americans and jews as a seperate subnormal species?

8. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I don't think conservatives try to legitimize rape. Only really crazy people who just so happen to be conservative, I mean, there are equally crazy people who are democrats.

9. Shevanel

This. x a billion.

10. midwestblues

I can't even get angry at this because it's just that absurd.

11. Paper Heart

Do I even need to say anything?

12. Alex19

hes a magistrate.. that means he can use magic! instead of rape, why not just cast a spell to turn sexual orientation? o wait.. cuz hes a fuck job who clearly gets off to raping lesbians..

on a side note, idk if all straight guys would agree to this. hetero men SEVERELY get off on thinking/watching 2+ women go at it. if every girl were straight, there goes their sexual thrills. awwww shucks

13. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

My favorite part is where they assume that, as a gay man, I am always horny, and I want to have sex with every other man I see...

Maybe straight guys go nuts for girls and want to have sex with every girl they see, but that's not how I think of guys.

Also, converting lesbians? Sure let them try. Maybe it's the only way they'll understand that it can't be done.

I don't understand how such ignorant people can have so much power. Is there no way we can make them understand that we're just like them?

14. Emberstone

if it was not for the fact that no one deserves to be raped, this would be a good way to clean up the military. all the rapiest would be discharged dishonerably, and thrown in jail.

15. Mogget

There's a term in feminist theory called "rape culture." Basically, there's a sadly high number of people who are trying to legitimize rape, mainly by using the virgin/whore dichotomy to say that women who wear certain clothes or act in a certain manner "deserve" to get raped, or at least are somewhat culpable.

We see rape culture reflected in the horrifically low conviction rates of those accused of rape (relative to other criminals), men believing they "own" their wives, claims that spousal rape is impossible, the widespread belief that a woman who likes sex doesn't have the right to refuse to have sex, the belief that date rape is somehow less severe than being raped off the streets, the belief that being raped in a dark alley is more common than being raped in your own home, etc.

And you know what? We see this from conservatives and liberals, but we see it from a much greater proportion of conservatives.

16. Emberstone

Exactly...sharon angle, who said that woman who are raped and impregnated by their rapist's child, even if they are raped by a family member, should be forced by law to carry the babies to birth. Her justification: rape is god's plan.

judging by the additude of the elected offical that made these comments about lesbians being converted in the military by straight men, it is highly likely, if not completely certain that they are a conservative offical by statistical fact that homophobia is rooted most deeply in conservativem here in america.

seems to fit in with the notion of 'rape culture'.

17. Miss Bubbles

I am physically sick because of this. I hate people like him. Women of any sexual orientation are people!!!!!!!

18. Brad

Facepalm of disgust. Do these people actually read what they write? Surely if they did they would realize how ridiculous they sound.

19. Emberstone

it will take me a while to burn off my head of steam about this.

I have had to watch friends go through the trauma of being raped... I don't drop crap like this easy, and I shouldnt... no one should pander to rape or try to make it seem okay or something we should just accept.

20. wherewulfe

I think this is part of the whole machismo "you won't be a lesbian once I'M done with you" way of thinking. It's funny in that what they believe is typically the complete opposite of what they really are.