1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pentagon OK's "Don't Ask Don't Tell" Repeal

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by ANightDude, Nov 30, 2010.

1. ANightDude

Kind of long, but good news. :grin:

---------- Post added 30th Nov 2010 at 05:24 PM ----------

Another CNN article:

2. Shevanel

Yasser Arafat!

#2 Shevanel, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  3. Emberstone

john mccain said when the military leadership said they wanted it repealed, he would fight to repeal it.

WATCH JOHN MCCAIN ONCE AGAIN BREAK HIS PROMISES, THEY FILTHY HYPOCRITE.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Finally!

5. Remk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About damn time if the would have done this 3 years ago I would probably still be in the navy.

#5 Remk, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  6. Adam

It hasn't been repealed yet...

7. Remk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know. Just saying that if there were even some sort of push like whats going on now I would most likely re-enlisted.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We know it hasn't been repealed yet, but it's close now.

9. Adam

Yeah but those republicans might not let it happen.
    Also no one has been discharged under DADT in over 40 days now which is great.

10. Emberstone

john mccain broke his promise to fight to repeal when the military leadership asked him to... they have done twice: with the release of the report, and back in febuary. he changed his promise saying he will work to repeal it if the study calls for it, which it did, and now he is acting like they need to do a study on the study.

he is the big roadbloack on the republican side that all of the republicans are hiding behind. he will never let it be repealed, his ations make that clear.

so... here is hoping in the next few days he has a stroke or a heartattack... god did not elect his wrinkly old ass to be the new jesus, so he needs to stop acting like his partisian bullshit is the bible, and no one is allowed to counter his lack of soul, morality, or intelligence on this matter.

11. RedState

>>>Here is hoping in the next few days he has a stroke or a heart attack.

Nice.
    Nice to see that hatred, viciousness and venomous commentary are not a trait simply reserved for those on the extreme right and Members of the WBC. I see they are alive and well on the radical left too. Good job.

12. Shevanel

Yeah Emberstone.
    [​IMG]
    You dun fucked up.

13. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Do you realize how immature and vicious what you just said is?

14. Emberstone

I am sick of john mccains pandering. I am sick of everytime the conditions he demands are met, he changes them, and knocks us down further. He is clearly too set in his ways, and his own hangups for him to legislate with 70% of americans who according to various polls support repeal. If he has a stroke, then he can stay in his hospital bed, and stop imposing his biggottry on the rest of us. Never said he had to die, but he needs to step out of the picture of DADT, because he keeps lieing through his teeth about it.

I am sick and tired of republicans and conservatives telling me to go kill myself, or that I should get aids and die. I have come to the ends of my rope, which is frayed beyond recogniztion with republicans being the factual only roadblock to equality in the military, and watching people blame the people who actually bother making a effort to repeal it, instead of blaming the people who are the reason why it hasent been repealed.

I am sick of john mccain applying the 1950's as the blueprint to how we should govern in 2010.

I am starting to side with the people who want federal term limits. byrd, mccain, and rangel are proving the point quite nicely.

He needs to take his eldery senile hangups, and retire.

God would be doing us a favor. I do not care if it sounds harsh, because enough is enough.

15. RedState

Tsk..tsk...tsk.
    Sad.

By such epic hate-filled tantrums such as this, you are just simply proving that you are just like the very people you condemn. You do nothing but prove what I have always thought about the radical left.

The difference between you and I...yeah I'm a conservative and I fiercely oppose the agenda of most of those in the Democratic Party. Sure I have fun with a snide comment here and there, but I don't hate anyone nor wish any harm to those i disagree with.

If you honestly believe what you wrote then you need to seriously re-evaluate yourself.

16. lostinthought9

[​IMG]

Emberstone, I seriously wonder about you sometimes. Saying you hope someone dies because their beliefs differ from yours, or if they act out to prevent legislation that you support from being passed, is completely uncalled for.

#16 lostinthought9, Dec 1, 2010
  17. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To be fair, John McCain is a politician who has power over you and the guy you quoted. If you think a politician is going to endanger your or other peoples lives or steal certain things away from you and your comrades, then wishing him death is the more ethical stance to take, is it not?

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes but there's reasoning...and then there's the hate that Ember spewed. I am not a fan of the bigots, but I never want them dead...otherwise where would be the fun laughing at their shit?

19. midwestblues

Some of you need to get off your high horse. At the same time, you're arguing that one bigot's right to live takes priority over millions of people's right to equality in society. Obviously Ember doesn't think McCain deserves death because of his viewpoints, nor is he advocating for his murder, or anything as sinister as you all are condemning him for. He simply doesn't want a bigot like McCain to hold power anymore. He said he wishes McCain would die because McCain doesn't seem likely to retire anytime soon, and as long as he holds power, he's going to be an obstacle to the gay community. Ember simply, and accurately, feels that death is a more likely option than McCain ever retiring, so he expressed his wish for McCain not to be in power anymore in that form. Get the fuck over it.

#19 midwestblues, Dec 1, 2010
  20. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>Yeah but those republicans might not let it happen.

The Democrats could've let it happen for two years. And chose not to.

It won't be happening soon. The GOP has (correctly) announced their hardball tactics to deal with nothing but making the GWB tax cuts permanent, and revamping the budget. That's why they were elected, so that's what they should focus on.

Lex