1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elected Official Says TSA Pat Downs Promote 'Homosexual Agenda'

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=122925

2. MIJ VI

MIJ VI Guest

'Homosexualphobic Agenda'

3. midwestblues

Some people's ignorance is just astounding

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I first read the title I giggled a little. But as I read the quote, my smile grew wider till I burst out laughing....this is the most hilarious thing I've heard in a while. And we've heard a lot :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. maverick

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

That being said, I think the TSA patdowns are a gross violation of personal space and privacy and liberty. I'm certainly not going to submit to one. I read the other day about an eight year-old getting strip-searched in the middle of an airport. EIGHT.

This **** is getting ridiculous. Don't tolerate it.

6. QuietDude

This is so stupid it's laughable.

I have to say though, that all this stuff always comes out of the US, if it's not a teacher saying LGBT youth should kill themselves because they know they are abnormal or some guy saying that gay marriage will ruin the whole idea of normal marriage it's ridiculous.

7. RedState

Eh...kinda torn on this issue.
    There are so many reports out there on the radiation effects of these full body scans I'm not sure what to believe. I'm in airports a lot, so the cumulative effect of radiation does concern me. From a privacy standpoint, there is software that is available that only shows obstructing objects other than a full image in all your glory.
    The Israelis have the best security measures in place, but to be that thorough in the US (with thousands of flights leaving daily versus 100) would seem to be impossible.
    Bomb sniffing dogs, thermal imaging could be an alternate solution I don't know.
    But, all of the TSA agents I have dealt with over the years have always been very professional..and rest assured, they don't like patting your junk down any more than you like standing there.

8. Miss Bubbles

This makes me sick!!!

9. stad90

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yay for homophobia.
    How did this guy get elected again??

10. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't say I don't relish the horrible catch-22 these people must be in. Either you don't get checked, and then the terrorists win! Or you do get checked, and deliver the country to those horrible gays! It must be the ideal torture for the bigoted mind! :evil:

And just think about the horror for good straight TSA agents. One of the guys they pat down might actually enjoy it!

Unless, of course, they want to use this as a pretext to have only hot female supermodels do the patdowns :wink:

All in all, I'm still not on board with these new methods. They claim it's necessary to avoid a new 9/11. A goal I'm on board with. But the current safety measures have been avoiding new 9/11s pretty effectively for the last 9 years already, so I'd say there's some case to be made not to go overboard with paranoia here.

11. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    OH NOES! WE ARE DISCOVERED!! RUUUUUUNNNNN!!!! (capslock)

12. Emberstone

The ironic thing is, if one can promote homosexuality (instead of it being what it is, something that is simply apart of a person, and not some choice that could be promoted or assigned), the best way to promote it is to never shut up about it.

the more you talk about it, weather for or against lgbt equality, the more people debate it, and what society and polls is showing, the more it is talked about it, the more people move towards equality for LGBT americans.

By making such stupid comments, like this igornant, and likely closeted elected offical, the more people come to realize such additudes are both counterproductive, but deeply immoral and unamerican.

Thank you idiot, your getting us one stop closer to gay marriage with your willful stupidity.

13. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm still laughing.