1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scott Brown supports Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell repeal

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Dan82

http://blogs.wickedlocal.com/masspo...eal/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twtrfd

2. Emberstone

too bad he signed the letter that said that republican senators pledge not to allow any legislating to happen until the tax cuts for the wealthy 2% are passed... so this might just end up be empty, unless he is willing to break ranks to support DADT.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    -_- Tax cuts for the wealthy >_> this is why I hate government...

4. Adam

Or he could have just said that just because he knows that it will most likely not even be voted on now.

5. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Yay for Scott Brown.

Also, I think taxes for the wealthy should be dramatically risen, to old-time levels. Those taxes funded the high way system, millions of schools being built, millions of hospitals, the army, massive industrialization, and so on.

Now, with their low tax rates (compared to old times) we have to rely on a decaying school system, decaying highway system, decaying hospitals, and slower industrialization at a much higher cost.

6. Paper Heart

So now instead of hating him, I just really really don't like him. Although, he probably will use the tax cuts as a bargaining chip, which sucks.

7. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This.

8. RedState

Well...it depends on what old time levels you are talking about. I assume you are referring to the rates of the Clinton Administration and not the "old-time" levels when the top marginal tax rate was approaching 90%

It also depends on what your definition of "wealthy" is. I disagree with the assessment that those that make $250K are wealthy. Upper-Middle Class, yes...but not what I would call super-rich.

While some money does come from this source, the majority of highway funding has never come from General Fund revenue. Most funding comes from the Federal Gas Tax, Interstate permits that truckers pay, tolls and bonds, etc.

Since most schools systems are handed on the state and local level, most school construction is handed by them as well. While school operating budgets do receive Federal Funding, the majority of actual construction funding is handled by bond initiatives as well.

The same goes for construction of hospitals as well (with the exception of military hospitals). The majority of government funding comes in the form of Medicare/Medicaid.