1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to protect the planet, bad?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Nomad187, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Nomad187

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to1naH2A7GU&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Yea watch this. Oh wow

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

Oh god. I've never laughed so hard at stupidity in my life.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The funny thing is that they're only doing this because they know they're losing the gay rights debate, so they've clearly decided "hey, let's go after the environment now, we can totally win that one. All they've got are some tree-huggers on their side! [and ManBearPig :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:]"

4. partietraumatic

I came across a very funny article in the Daily Express (a very right wing british newspaper) the other day.

Basically over the last month we have had unseasonally cold weather in the UK for this time of year, accompanied by feet of snow, causing the whole country to grind to a halt.

Anyway the daily express had an article which genuinely had the phrase 'they say global warming is happening, yet look at these pictures of frozen britain!'

I'd like to know whether either their editors think that statement is valid, or know, but decided to ignore, that global warming will in fact make Britain colder, and increase this type of weather.

I'm not sure which, ignorance or intentional misdirection, is worse!

5. Emberstone

"their twisted view of _____ elevates itself above people, even the poorist"

what a easily 'mad lib'd' statement.

Protecting the enviorment is related to protecting health. when you do not protect your enviroment, you create health hazards for future generations.

We are already seeing a dramatic rise in respiratory problems as we see air pollution rise. by putting air quality requirements and emision caps in place, we can limit the 'China effect' when it comes to airborne, man-made pollution, which is a mega punch to people who have asthma and other breathing problems.

controlling and outlawing the dumping of chemicals and other hazerdous waste helps prevent those pollutants from poisoning our water supply, and rendering land toxic and inhospitable.

I am not siding with eco-terrorists, but a nation that does not value its land, does not deserve it. We have to protect our enviorment, because it is the true foundation, physically, metaphorically, and economically, upon which our country exists.

Evengelicals like this bimbobitch are the true danger to america. it is not people who compost, or da gays, or lady gaga's meat dress... it is fundementalist, ignorant, hatred and stupidity spewing fundie christians who wouldnt recognize christ if he was kicking their ass.

6. Kardan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How terrifying. A bunch of scared old people.

But what is really terrifying is that people actually listen to crap like this. It sickens me.

7. djt820

To be honest, I agree lots of the "Save the planet" shit goes way too far for it's own good but I would also say George Carlin says it better than the christians:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eScDfYzMEEw[/YOUTUBE]

Weird how I've posted this video twice now within 2 days. Either way, it's nice making the environment better for us humans but saving and protecting the planet? Lol no
    But yeeeeeah. We know....Batshit crazy christians gonna be batshit crazy. Yadda yadda yadda

8. Trystan

I would like to punch her in the face :slight_smile:

DEADLY TO THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST?! WHAT THE FUCK.

I think I'm a christian. I try to be a christian. But if this is where we're headed, fuck that.

9. stad90

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I waited throughout the entire video for them to give me at least ONE example of how environmentalism was "deadly to the Gospel of Jesus Christ". I didn't get a single example! Not even a lame or poorly-created one. Sure, they said it was bad over and over, but I didn't hear any evidence or proof that going green will destroy the home.

10. Jeremy

If environmentalism is its own religion, I want to join it. XD

11. Emberstone

druidism, if you are okay with the notion of diety.