1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Show-Senator McCain-It gets worse

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by kettlkorn, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It gets worse.....for McCain :slight_smile:

2. Miss Bubbles

lol loved it

3. AlyssWonderland

Hahahah I loved it! <3

4. Rtas Vadumee

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah good old John McCain. You can't trust his word anymore. He's changed his mind so many times, it's hard to believe anyone listens to him anymore..

5. Fintan

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks for my first laugh of 2011! Oh McCain...I am so glad you are not our President!

7. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

McCain..this is why you didn't win. You're just..stupid. I mean, anyone willing to have Palin as vice-president has to be a complete idiot. There are many other republican women he could of picked.

He probably would have won if he would have picked a smart one too.

8. Emberstone

I doubt he would have won. he skewed too far to the right even before Palin. Moderates republicans struggle in most places in america, and he hasent been a moderate since his job depended upon him changing all of his views to appeal to the rhetoric of the far right. There was nothing maverick about towing the right wing of the party's line after a long career of bucking the party when they were in the wrong. It also did not help that it was the republican party who lead america right into the economic collapse to begin with, and most americans were distinctly anti-right wing.

J.D. Hayworth both saved john mccain's career, and ruined it. he won because arizonians wanted someone with credibility and was more trustworthy... but he likely will never beable to return truly to his moderate roots, because until the republican party shifts to its roots, and turns away from the far right, he will struggle to survive.

It comes down to if you should pander, or not.

Obama talked openly about things he felt were necessary, noting they would not be popular or painfree, and people still supported him overwhelmingly in the election, and his numbers are still higher than most presidents this far into a first term. he still has higher poll numbers and approval ratings than the people on the right.

John mccain would have done better, had he been able to make it through the presidential primaries, if he would have stuck to his career record, and been willing to push through the unpopular things because the alternatives the right wing were pushing were not only dangerous, but the failed ideas that got us in this mess in the first place. People can respect a politician who bucks their own party, and tend to respect them moreso than those who just tow the line.

9. Brad

I think that showed something not just about McCain but about politics in general.