1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Save-the-Kid- from-Gays Pastor Arrested

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://freestudents.blogspot.com/2011/01/save-kid-from-gays-pastor-arrested.html

2. maverick

Sounds like a case of more twisted religious types that need to focus on saving kids from themselves more than saving them from us.

3. Emberstone

religious whackjobs are whackjobs because they have religion only as a tool to persecute others, not to live a better life.

That is why they are the ones we are always discovering are raping children, embezzelling money, and going to prostitutes and drug dealers to score a fix for their various addictions.

That is why the most powerful religious insitution in the world, the catholic church, is having problems with child molesters.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And yet they still claim there are more homo pedos than hetero....despite the statistics proving it completely wrong.

5. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

Or could it be that every profession has a share of child abusers but when people in the church do it it's headline news. I mean, you don't often hear "Another dental hygienist arrested for child abuse" or if you do, his/her profession won't be in the headline, it'll be buried somewhere in the article. If a pastor abused children the headline will always read "pastor/priest/minister/etc. arrested for child abuse".

That's not to say he's not a massive hypocrite and I'm glad he'll not be preaching anymore.

6. kwyjibo

Just so long as that idiot gets locked up for a very long time.

7. Fintan

I totally agree. It just seems so much worse when it is someone that we look up to, especially in a leadership position, like a religious leader or politician.

However, I would believe that the Catholic Church's celibacy restriction probably does seem like a good place to hide for those with issues/hangups with their sexuality. Which is probably why there are so many homosexual priests and child molesters (not to suggest they are equal by any means). Especially, considering many other mainstream "traditional" Christian churches, like Catholicism but without the celibacy restriction, don't seem to have the same issues.

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem is, the religious types have come up with a new term, "Unwanted same-sex attraction" which, of course, really means "gay and in denial" but to them is a way of still claiming to be straight while acting out with other men.

I do think it gets hairy when you start talking about any sort of rape or sexual abuse because those are crimes of violence and control. But I also think that, very often, the people who are so vehemently arguing against same-sex marriage or gay rights or whatever are, themselves, arguing against their own inner demons, and I think this guy is a perfect example of that.

9. Emberstone

I have a friend who joined a anti-gay 'prey away the gay' group, and she keeps saying that there is no such thing as gay, just broken people all of a sudden. She offered to pray to me, and I told her my faith is strong enough in god to know he wouldnt make me this way if he was against it, nor did I ever make a choice, so fundie chirstians can go have their hate circles, but I know who I am, and if you ever want to be happy, you have to trust who you are.

10. midwestblues

Probably because when a dentist molests a young boy, the other dentists working alongside him aren't aware of what's going on, don't work to cover-up the abuse once it's revealed, and don't spend $6,000,000 of their customers' money in a settlement with the victims. The dentist just goes to prison.

11. Jeremy

Hahaha, okay so first I think it's funny that a mother and daughter were having sexual encounters with the same little boy. However I have to admit, though I feel a little pedo saying this, that I think the picture of him is kinda maybe a little bit hot. Though I'm pretty sure I'd think otherwise if it was a photo of him when he was 14. lol XD