1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obsessed with gay marriage, Vander Plaats has gone too far

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...h-gay-marriage-Vander-Plaats-has-gone-too-far

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Umm yeah I don't see how they can be impeached >_> I mean its like the writer said, only if the justice has been criminal or maleasement which is the performance by a public official of an act that is legally unjustified, harmful, or contrary to law. And I'm pretty sure same-sex marriage isn't illegal.

3. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ugh, get over yourself, Mr Vander Platts.

4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The justices didn't do anything wrong. Both sides made their cases and they ruled on it. They didn't take bribes or anything illegal to warrant impeachment. The repubs. get elected on a platform of smaller government and to improve the economy so if they waste any time on this I hope there is an even bigger backlash against them than against the Democrats this last election.

The pro-discrimination side knows they have nothing to support their position so they'll try everything they can imagine to delay the inevitable equality we seek. Just read a summary of the Prop8 case in CA. The bad side had nothing and their witnesses even said that marriage for gay couples would be good for their families and we'd be more American for it.

I'd like to know if there was any attempt to impeach the justices after cases like Brown and Loving. There were far more extreme bigots against those decisions. :tantrum: