1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Johnny Weir No Longer Skating Around the Gay Thing

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.afterelton.com/people/2011/01/johnny-weir-finally-really-out

2. midwestblues

If you're going to reveal your already-obvious sexuality as a publicity hook, that's fine, but don't pretend you're some sort of courageous lifesaver when for years you contributed to the stigma that being gay was something shameful to acknowledge.

3. Beachboi92

how did he do that? Everything i saw from him seemed so eccentric and out that the words "im gay" never really needed to come out of his mouth xD

4. Emberstone

expecailly since it is all a huge act. when he doesnt have a camara on him, he is nowhere near effemenante.

it was always a act to get attention. he was at a bar in portland after a exposition of skaters, and he was so butch it was hard to believe it was him, according to my firend, who I have never known to lie. other people who have been around him in more cloistered, less public places have said basically the same thing.

not saying he isent gay, but what you see of him in public is playing to stereotypes for attention.