1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Obama’s New Chief Of Staff William Daley Bad For Gay Rights?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.co...-bad-for-gay-rights/politics/2011/01/06/16596

2. midwestblues

He's certainly not going to be any good for gay rights.

3. RedState

Actually, I think this is one of the best appointments The President has made...and I would even go as far to say that is Daley had been COS during the first two years of the Administration the Democratic loses would not have been nearly as severe as they were, and they might not have even lost the majority in The House.

While The President has numerous advisors, he leans the most on the COS for direction (this is the same with every President). Daley is much more even keeled than Emanuel...he was one of the first ones warning The White House they needed to level out. He's a smart man that I have a lot of respect for. I think he will serve The President well.

4. Emberstone

I dont know... if bamaboy likes him...

just kidding.

At the end of the day, a advisor advises, but does not make the decision. Our time is wasted worrying about the advisor, and we can do better by being the advocate speaking up.

5. RedState

Lol...as Verbal said.."The Devil's greatest trick was making the World think He didn't exist"

But, I do honestly think he is a good hire and if Obama had hired him when he first got elected he would not be in the situation he is now. Daley has the one thing that The President does not...and that is "street smarts". There is no doubt that Obama is very intelligent...but he doesn't have the "it" factor that some of his predecessors did. Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan had it..which is why they were two of the greatest politicians of modern times.

6. Beachboi92

Based on what i saw the guy wanted the democratic party to move towards more moderate stances on key issues in an effort to gain more support from the american public. If i recall my surveys correctly most gay rights issues have the support of the majority of the public so if he doesn't mention them it is a good chance that he believes they already hold a good position on the matter.

Everything else just seems like inferences and trying to create a problem (hinting to his religion etc). Until he says his view on it we can't exactly say he is a road block because if he is not speaking at all he is not going to stand in the way as he does not make the decision ultimately and the obama administration is pretty for the gays imo.

Also i would say the democratic parties stances on such social issues are one of the biggest things that attracts people to the party so i don't see them changing that.

7. Mogget

Considering Obama's already lukewarm stance on gay rights (being a Bible nerd I'll say it's a Revelation 3:15-16 stance) I don't think who his advisors are much matters. He's already decided to use gay rights as a pawn in his overall agenda (which seems to consist of getting re-elected without any stance on principle).

8. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

Mhh, that sounds as thought he is doing something bad by using gay rights. Imo, he is a politician and as all of them they look for support... regardless if it breaks principles or not.