1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Potential White House candidate says path blocked by prejudice

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...candidate-says-path-blocked-by-discrimination

2. Holmes

He obviously was discriminated against by this lot because he's gay, but he's clearly not a credible candidate, seemingly not having been elected to anything, unlike even the fringe candidates last time like Paul or Kucinich. Or even someone with a particularly successful career elsewhere in public life.

3. Emberstone

I have heard him talk about other things other than gay issues... but like most politicians, it was blunted, indirect, unfocused buzz words.

4. Fintan

If you are inviting "all potential candidates" you need to invite "all potential candidates". Isn't it the voter's job to decide which ones speak for them?

5. Emberstone

the job the iowa christian alliance is to destory anything that they believe does not fit in with *THEIR* warped and oppposate day view of christ and christanity.

I looked through some of their agenda... and it is amazing how anti-jesus they are as a orgnization. jesus says one thing ICA does the opposate.

6. Beachboi92

I doubt as a politician he is a 1 issue sort of candidate i think it is probably more like the only issue he is asked about is gay ones because he is gay xD

7. Porphyrogenitus

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I somehow got on his email list. He was Mr. Prop 8 back a couple years ago when that issue was in the forefront. I've never heard him speak, in any of the hundreds of emails I've gotten from his office, about anything other than gay issues. And in starting his campaign, he as much as said he's running for president simply to bring gay rights issues to the forefront. So as much as I don't like siding with the christian crazies, I think in this case he is a totally fringe candidate that wouldn't stand a chance in hell of getting any sort of major support in the polls.

You have to draw the line somewhere, otherwise you'll have so many Kargers and Rent is Too Damn High guys clogging up the debates that you'll never get to the real issues. And I get annoyed when people play the "anti-gay bigotry" card for bogus reasons.

9. RedState

Not un-common for a particular group to exclude candidates from debates they host. Happens all the time actually. It is somewhat of a sliding scale really of who considers what a "real campaign"
    Some groups require a certain amount of Cash on Hand reported on their FEC reports
    Some require a polling threshold.
    Some simply use the "are you fucking kidding me?" scale.

Point being, as Chip has pointed out, there has to be a threshold somewhere. If there is not you would have every one in the world that wants to be President on stage, and it would turn into a bigger clusterfuck then it already is.

Sounds like the guy is just whining.