1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Documentary about homosexual people

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Lotty, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Lotty

I saw a documentary about LGB people a while back. Some students were asked how they think about homosexuality.
    It was really shocking. Some of them said 'It's a disease.', 'It's a choice, and a wrong one.' or 'I think it can be beaten out of them.' Really none of them said something nice.
    The documentary also showed how many homosexual people get beaten up in a year, and they showed the results of that. A gay guy told about what happened to him when he came out. People at school insulted him, and the teachers didn't do anything about it. He had glas splinters thrown at him, he was being thrown out the window, he was almost pushed in a gas burner, and he got his head bashed in.
    I really couldn't believe it. And it made me sad. And angry. You just don't do that kind of thing

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately it's what happens...and all you can do is do your best to prevent it. Start a GSA in your school, talk with the principal about starting a safe schools initiative, etc.

3. mydogstewie

What was the documentary called? Sounds kind of interesting

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Equally interesting, when was it made and where was it shot? I could imagine if you went into the deep south in the US, or some countries that are really backwards with human rights, you could find that sort of constituency, but I'd be shocked if it was easy to find people with that opinion in the majority of the US.

5. Lotty

I don't remember what it was called, it was on TV one day. I just happened to come across it. But I live in Holland, and it was shot in Holland, so everything was in Dutch.
    And it's also shocking to find people like that here, because we're supposed to be a highly developed country. Very understanding and accepting towards everyone. Well, I can see that.