1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pentagon to outline training for gay ban repeal

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/26/AR2011012605711.html

2. IThinkInCircles

How silly is it that we have to train people to be kind to each other? Didn't this get covered in kindergarten?

3. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    :thumbsup:

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Keep in mind this is an institution that apparently has pages and pages of documentation on how to order toilet paper... so I suppose somethign like this isn't really as outlandish as you'd expect. The military works extremely well because they leave little to discretion, so clear regulations, while counterintuitive, might be sensible in this case.

5. Emberstone

I agree. Much of a countries survival hinges upon having a deeply structured military, from the ground up. I personally would rather see this implemented in a steady, slow way, than rushed. if you rush something, you leave holes. if you are more methodic, you seal up the holes... and the military doesnt work well with loop holes.