1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eastwood Liked Hoover Script Because It Avoided Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://bandofthebes.typepad.com/ban...-script-because-it-avoided-homosexuality.html

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well that just pisses me off >_>

3. Paper Heart

It makes sense. It's not like J.Edgar Hoover was Harvey Milk or anything. Obviously, they will allude to it, but he's just not a gay icon.

4. maverick

I'm gonna let Eastwood slide on this one, based on the "He's a crotchety old bastard who's gonna die soon" defense. The bigotry of the elderly doesn't even bother me, they know that they are only holding the reins for so long before the younger generation shoves them off on an ice floe and continues progressing humanity without their approval.

That being said, I think pretending that celebrities and famous people aren't gay when doing biographies of them is bad cinema. It'd be like doing a biography of Rock Hudson and pretending he wasn't gay.

Bad Eastwood! Bad!

[​IMG]

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Was he gay? I thought he just liked to cross dress.

6. Hear, hear.

7. Zontar

That old dude's starting to resemble Andy Rooney...another old crazy guy.

Matter of debate. I don't believe he was ever attracted to guys, and I'm inclined to think the "cross-dressing" was a slanderous fabrication. He was awful close to that Tolson dude, however...and they described their relationship themselves as "brotherly", leaving me inclined to believe they at least shared a mutual romance for each other.

8. Shevanel

I don't care about Clint Eastwood's stance on homosexuality or whatever the fuck. He's still amazingly awesome and I love him. His personal views are his own. It's his film to make anyway.

9. partietraumatic

This doesn't surprise me, or bother me that much tbh. Frankly they want this film to be big, and I think a film about the subterfuge and espionage side of his life will fair much better than one about his possible homosexality.

10. midwestblues

I don't think Eastwood is a homophobe.

11. IanGallagher

Guys, I've just found out that there's gonna be a lot of "gay" action in the film and that Eastwood is very comfortable with it. Also, I might be wrong - would Hoover be more considered bi? If so, that's really cool in bringing us more into the spotlight in a huge film like this...

After Elton: Screenwriter interview

This also gives me a lot of hope that my grandparents will accept that I'm bi. If Eastwood, who comes off as a man's man kind-of guy, can make an LGBT film and be perfectly cool with it that gives me a lot of hope my grandparents will be the same since they come from the same generation.

Also I'm working on getting the script he's talking about, so if you want it feel free to private message me with your e-mail address and I'll forward it to you as soon as I get it. Also in this case think that's absolutely cool since the screenwriter himself, first time I've heard of this happening, mentioned the leaked script is it.

[​IMG]

#11 IanGallagher, May 12, 2011
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
  12. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    agreed

13. Emberstone

if only you said mickey rooney... oh well, going to post anyways:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk_NRIlzyws&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Clint Eastwood can try to ignore reality as much as he can, but there is more evidence for hoover's sexuality than there is against it.