1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Republican strategist turned gay rights activist ponders a White House run

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...2/02/AR2011020203272.html?sid=ST2011020203372

2. maverick

A gay Republican is still a Republican, and I am mad at the Republican Party for shoving that Orwellian surveillance government nonsense with the Patriot Act and other blatant abuse of government powers in service of wealthy elite.

Basically, both major parties have made me feel like this about the government:

[​IMG]

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think he's running as a democrat now, but I somehow got on his mailing list about 2 years ago and my sense is he's a one-issue candidate; he only writes about gay rights and gay marriage, and he seems awfully focused on self-promotion. And he isn't "considering" a run, he claimed months ago that he was *going* to run.

Honestly I think it's just an attention grab. Older members may remember Luke Sissyfag (he legally changed his last name) who made a whole lot of noise for a year or so back in the mid-1990s, ran for DC mayor, and a few other things, more for his own attention-seeking needs than to make a real difference, and Karger seems, to me at least, to be sort of the same ilk.

4. Thank you, that pictures made my day and I feel the same way pretty much.

Our government just continually swings from one extreme to the next. Democrats do something stupid and so we vote Republican, Republicans do something stupid so we vote Democrat.

Personally I'm rooting for Giuliani to run again and actually get the Republican nomination. I like him.

And there ends my political announcement of the day. Maybe I should save this stuff for my blog :eusa_doh:

As for this guy...I don't actually know a lot about him, but if he's a one issue candidate like Chip said, well he won't have my vote. I won't vote for anyone who won't tell me where he stands on ALL the major issues. I may be gay, but gay marriage and gay rights are not at the top of my list of worries in politics right now.

5. RedState

I don't think it really matter what party he runs under, he has the same chance of getting elected as I do attending a class at UC-Berkley and keeping my mouth shut.

The US is simply not at the point where it will elect an openly gay individual as President. I don't know if it will change in my lifetime or not...but we are a long ways from that.