1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name change creates big fuss

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011102020321

2. It's just one thing after another isn't it? You can't do this, you can't think that, you can't give any indication that you're against what has been decided for you.

Lawsuits are probably the only way we can win this one (or any such incidents), as horrible and painful as that is for all the people who have go through it.

3. maverick

Why don't people just leave us alone? I don't understand it. It's one thing for straights to be against my "lifestyle" for whatever reason, I just want them to not take active steps to ruin my life. I don't think it's that much to ask. :confused:

4. Exactly, I feel like this whole thing didn't have to be an epic battle for regular ol' unalienable rights. Who seriously cares THAT much who I'm having sex with? It's my life here. Why don't the haters go tend to their own?

5. maverick

The thing that kills me is that these aren't even the "immoral", spandex-sporting, flag-waving in-your-face gays that are getting discriminated against (even though that's bad enough). These are married gays. These are the people who act exactly like straights except for the plumbing.

Discrimination against "loud and proud" gays is wrong, but it's at least a form of bias I can understand because it's adversion based on conflicting social values. But why the hell would conservatives be bigoted against other conservatives over something this stupid? You both agree that monogamous relationships are cool, isn't that enough common ground to get the **** over it?

If the straights want to protect marriage, they should let people in love - any consenting adults - get married, and encourage them to stay together.

Not that hard.