1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chick-fil-A suspension from IU reversed

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/feb/1/chick-fil-returns-indiana-university-south-bend/

2. Ridiculous

This is the first I've heard of this restaurant chain (given that I live in New Zealand), and I have to say that it is possibly the worst name that I have ever seen. "Chick-fil-A"? Is it supposed to stand for something, or just look stupid?

3. adam88

It's supposed to stand for "Chick(en) Fillet" (As in thin cut of meat). I think. ?!? I always read it as "Chick Fillah" which sounds rather disgusting. In any case, you only find them in the southern US, so I've never eaten there.

4. Charme

Charme Guest

You can find them all around the US. We have one in our city.

5. PhantomX

Chick-Fil-A is really good! Especially their chicken biscuits! Yum! :grin: http://www.ajc.com/business/chick-fil-a-counters-821566.html I may not agree with some of their individual owners stances on gays, I know the people who own the CFA's here where I live and they are a great family who support great charities and never push a religious point of view in their stores.

6. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I would have to agree with you 100%....their biscuits are to die for and they do a lot of community work, more than Burger King, Mack Donald's, Wendy's...its just so rare to see a food chain who wants to be part of their community and they do it without pushing their religious point of view. They always attend community fundraisers and are a big hit a relay for life.

I don't understand what all the commotion is about anyway. People are still surprised these days when a religious group denies some services to gay people? It's not fair but it's not surprising. David Kato was just beaten to death not too long ago for being gay in a country that really wants all gay people dead...most of the outrage and anger at Chick-Fil-A should be going towards Uganda instead.