1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texas GOP platform: criminalize gay marriage and ban sodomy, outlaw strip clubs and p

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/201...age_and_ban_sodomy_outlaw_strip_clubs_an.html

2. Emberstone

Re: Texas GOP platform: criminalize gay marriage and ban sodomy, outlaw strip clubs a

cant contradict the federal constitution, as the supreme court has already made it very clear that anti-sodomy laws are unconstitutional.

we should outlaw wife-beating... that will really piss off the fundie christian republicans!!!

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Re: Texas GOP platform: criminalize gay marriage and ban sodomy, outlaw strip clubs a

Oh Texas, you're so silly. o3o

4. RaRa

Austin should become its own state. Texas's name is bringing it down. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. RedState

This would never happen if J.R. Ewing was still running the show there...must be the work of that Cliff Barnes fellow...I heard he's nothing but trouble

6. Darkwing65

Texas Repubs are crazy. The Supreme Court struct down sodomy laws in Lawrence v. Texas in 2003. I seriously doubt they are going to rescind that decision.

7. Emberstone

remeber... they love the constitution, but not when it doesnt pander to their opinions. We are still seeing right wing elected republicans challanging things like this, and the civil rights act, trying to repeal them even though the constitution is the big brick wall in the way of such efforts.

8. RedState

>>>Remember they love the constitution, but not when it doesn't pander to their opinions.

Hmmm...sounds like another bunch I know...

9. Aya McCabre

Yeah good luck banning blowjobs. I'm sure there are plenty of male-dominated political groups just desperate to get behind that one.....

10. midwestblues

America's giant dingleberry never ceases to amuse.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

12. Emberstone

ugh... the birchers are republicans also...

13. kwyjibo

And I thought the recent thread about Utah was bad. This forum is depressing. (Not EC in general, just this LGBT Rights forum)

14. No One

They cant possible expect this to pass. More heterosexual couples have oral and anal sex than homosexual ones. If this were to pass how much you want to bet that no heterosexual couple would be charged.

Positively ridiculous.

15. maverick

Banning blowjobs? So the Republicans officially hate straight people too now? :lol:

Workplace illness leads to the spread of dangerous communicable diseases as well...can I use this as an excuse to telecommute? :grin:

16. No One

Bama, I really dont think there is anything you can say in this case to defend Republicans. The fact is, Republicans are constantly calling out Democrats on what they consider violations of the Constitution, but when the Supreme Court makes it very clear that anti-sodomy laws are unconstitutional, they say they shouldnt have to follow it. The Texas GOP (and many other Republicans that support these kind of laws) is being extremely hypocritical in this case.

17. RedState

I don't think i was saying anything to defend the Republicans.
    I think the whole thing is silly to be honest.

My point, Ascended, was that ALL politicians rally around the Constitution..until it gets in the way of their particular point of view: Note Jim Clyburn (D-SC) and his support of the so-called "Fairness Doctrine" which completely files in the face of the 1st Amendment...and note the countless "gun-control" advocates that advocate every restriction in the world against owning firearms...which completely flies in the face of the 2nd...The Healthcare bill that files in the face of The Commerce Clause....you see where I'm going. It's not in defense of dumbasses that want to outlaw blowjobs...it's in response that this absurd behavior is not strictly a monopoly of the Republican Party.

#17 RedState, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Ahhh politics...how I want to vomit.

19. Nat3

Nat3 Guest

I can't imagine the future scenario of Texas; if this platform became a reality.lol

20. starfish

Haven't we been through this before.

[​IMG]