1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Video]Gay Wars: What We Saw at CPAC

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Dan82

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTbKjhj5RNo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

2. Beachboi92

There was some GOProud guys at the club i was at last night in suits xD one of them was cute but other people where not so nice to them xD

3. maverick

Seriously, I would be so behind the limited government tea-bagger thing if that whole sub-movement wasn't totally overrun with corrupt, wealthy Republican scumbags who are taking advantage of America's peasant-style patriotism to uphold the lawlessness that allows us to be ruled by a corporatocracy.

4. Emberstone

you have to understand that the republican calls for 'limited goverment' is the biggest joke of them all. Republicans don't limit goverment in the end. they just shift money around, and funnel more and more into innefective goverment systems. of course, on the funneling more and more money into innefective part, both sides are guilty.

we could have easily cut the deficit nearly in half just by requring the wealthy 2% to pay the same percentage on their income as the 98% that is shouldering the burden of the wealty classist tax cuts.

They dont want limited goverment. they demand it when they are not in power, and when they get in power, they drop it, because baically screw it, they hold the power now.

5. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's always about small government control with them until it involves a woman's body or someone's sexuality.

6. RedState

>>>Republican calls for limited government is the biggest joke of them all.

Yeah, that's kinda like Nancy Pelosi saying on the opening day of the 112th that Congress needs to address the deficit and stop reckless spending.
    Oh don't get me started, you are not going to cut the deficit by simply increasing taxes...especially now that half of the population pays no income taxes at all. The only way to even begin to address this problem is to reform and restructure the two biggest sacred cows in the Federal System: Social Security and Medicare.

But, on topic with the actual thread: You are going to have clips like this all over the place. I can say with 100% confidence that I am probably the only person on this board that actually WENT to CPAC for a couple of days. Most of the people there, in regards to GOProud, were like "let them come in, we don't care"....and they did throw a hell of a party Thursday night evidently.

7. Emberstone

I still think it is interesting that republicans don't want to be viewed as racists, or at the very least, allowing racisem in their ranks.

They had a student group have a booth, and the student organization itself is a known white-supremecist hate group:

This group tried to form a branch at a local campus, and got rebuffed, saying that campus rules do not allow dicrimination against other students.

8. Fintan

Yeah, that's what I got out of the video. I was actually surprised that the majority of people that were interviewed either said, "we are a one issue group, and homosexuality isn't that issue" or "we don't care". Other than that one social-conservative guy, not much was said.

I never really thought about the Right Wing of the Republican party, aka Libertarians being pro-gay haha! But, in the end it makes sense ^^