1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ann Coulter: "The Left is Trying to Co-Opt Gays"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20031658-503544.html

2. Emberstone

Wait... I thought, according to the right wing, the gays were destorying the family.

what about all those republicans who are having mistresses, leaving their wives/families, and giving jobs to their mistresses spouses to hush up the whole deal, paying them off to just let the affairs that are demeaning two families, not just one, to continue to happen.

Remeber, the right wing view is that gays marrying destories marriage, and therefore destories family... but left wing view is that gay marriage affirms the commitment of marriage itself, and supports the idea of a strong family by allowing gays to have the same rights and responciblities as heterosexual married couples carry.

Also, remeber that this was the bitch who ranted about widows of 9/11 speaking up about the flaws they saw in the aftermath of a terrorist attack that ripped their families apart... then went on to welcome and hope that various liberals are killed in terrorist attacks.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmLJDrsaJmk[/YOUTUBE]

3. midwestblues

4. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Before I begin, please excuse my French. Reading this got me pretty ticked. :angry:

Dear Ann Coulter,

Megan McCain said the same thing. What happened? They told her she wasn't a real republican.
    When the tea party formed groups from the GLBT community tried to join only to be told no, they weren't conservative enough.
    Conservatives and Republicans for years have been ignoring and defecating on conservative/republican homosexuals.

Ann Coulter sounds like the dad who came back expecting his kids to love them after abandoning them on the street 20 years ago because he found out that they have money (votes in this case). F:***:k you Ann Coulter. Your generation has done enough damage. Give the mike to Megan McCain, she was one of the very few republicans to say gay's were ok, not for votes but because she believed it was the right thing to do. Main stream media isn't the ones encouraging most gays to be liberal, its the hate filled-Evangelical-hate bill producing-neo-conservatives who are out of touch with American youth who are making this shift towards the left. You have no on to blame but you're own party and their sub-groups. Even you Ann Coulter, you don't support gay marriage...Just like the Egyptians we will not take no for an answer nor will we agree to endorse a woman who only wants to fight for half of our rights. Ann Coulter you FAIL. Go complain about your coffee or politics.

On the case of liberals and democrats. Since Bush left office we have seen more steps torwards equality than you can ever fathom. Who sponsored the bill to end DADT, who sponsors the bills for marraige equality which you are so fondly against? Who lobbys to open the floor to have these discussions? Who is the party who does the exact opposite? And you expect us to be open to them full heartedly? If there is anything your party needs to do it is this, read up on GLBT history ans find out who exactly we are fighting against. Some of us may not like our representative party but more of them, like Patrick Murphy, have been willing to put their reputation on the line for what's right rather than what gets the most votes. M:***:er-F:***:ing-Ignorant-B:***:h!!!

5. Charme

Charme Guest

Rofl.

6. RaRa

You guys have to admit though...Ann Coulter is fucking hilarious sometimes.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The left already HAS co-opted gays.

Lex

8. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I'm thoroughly convinced that Ann Coulter is actually a demon spawned from the very depths of hell to usher forth Armageddon. She's pure evil and completely insane. Where was Ann 20 years ago? Where was she during the DADT repeal? The LGBT community is never going to rush to the polls for Huckabee or Romney or any of the other jokers the Republicans are pushing for 2012. She's totally delusional.

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You gotta remember... Ann Coulter doesn't believe anything she says. She and Bill Maher are friends, and she has admitted to Maher that it's all an act... she says ridiculously outrageous stuff to sell books and get appearances.

Even though some of what she says is venomous and there are a ton of dumbasses who believe her, she's totally pandering to whomever will listen.

10. Mogget

The fact that she probably doesn't believe her bile just makes it worse. It's bad enough to be a moral monster. But to know you're a monster and chose to do it anyway? Utterly despicable.

11. midwestblues

I have zero trouble believing that.

12. Emberstone

^THIS.

words have consequences... oh, i forget, conservative's words dont if we take all the gun violence (and in the case of Sharon Angle, pro-rape) rhetoric into question...

People need to understand that when you speak, you are responcible for what you say. Therefore, when you speak out of hatred, greed, and violence, you enable others.

What is wrong with our political discourse right now is that you have people who don't think before they spew crap out of their mouth. I am not saying censorship is a good idea, but intelligence FRICKIN IS!

13. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm so fucking sick of this IRL troll.

14. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I completely agree. The woman has an enormous mouthpiece and the ear of a significant portion of the population, and chooses to use it for her own financial gain, rather than to make a positive difference in the world.

It would be one thing if she really honestly believed what she was saying, then at least one could argue that she's got integrity in fighting for what she believes in, but she's simply pandering. Of course, so are a lot of people on both ends of the political spectrum... but she is particularly bad, simply because she's so completely outrageous.

15. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I feel as if Ann Coulter just pulls random words out of a hat and tries to make a sentence out of them.

16. adam88

I've been trying to say this for years!

17. RaeofLite

I don't understand people like this. Why aren't they attacking the people that are truly destroying the idea of family by having shot gun weddings and getting them annulled right away or people going on the Batchelor or shows like that where love is supposed to happen right away by wild one night stands and things like that? Granted, people of many sexual orientations do things like that but still..

18. Emberstone

if democrats and liberals are co-opting gays, fact is that republicans and conservatives are demeaning, and in some cases, murdering gays. It is amazing the fact that there were numerous republicans and conservative pundits supporting uganda's 'kill the gays' bill.

If being supportive of gay people is co-opting them, then who the hell cares, because at least it means we have people who support our rights against the CPAC crowd that still overwhelmingly doesnt.

19. maverick

Liberals aren't co-opting gays, conservatives make a point to alienate them. I'm sure there would be more gay conservatives if the conservative political parties didn't insist on treating gays like second class citizens under the law.

(Also...it's probably just pure speculation on my part, but Coulter has always struck me as a self-loathing intersexed/transgendered person.)

20. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone let her out of cage again?