1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bishop of Blackburn: No gay marriages in my churches

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/news/8853275.Bishop_of_Blackburn__No_gay_marriages_in_my_churches/

2. NickT

His right. His loss in revenue.

3. aidan

oh my god... did you read the comments on that story? :bang::bang::bang::bang:

why are people so stupid? faith in humanity -1000

4. Beachboi92

it should not be illegal for people to have gay marriage ceremonies in churches but it is also the right of the people who own the building to decide how it is used. There are churches out there who allow same sex ceremonies, i wouldn't want to get married in a church that didn't want me to anyways.

5. Fintan

The Bishop might have a rude awakening when someone tells him the Church of England decides what happens inside Church of England churches... and not him. Its only a matter of time Bishop Blackburn ^^

6. Ianthe

Huh, I'm an American. Here in America, banning churches from performing any kind of religious ceremony would have been totally illegal in the first place, with the possible exception of human sacrifice, or anything that requires the participation of non-consenting people.

You know, given the religious nature of the argument, it's ironic, but we can get married in church already--you just have to go to the right church. It's the legal part of marriage that is lacking, here in the USA.

7. Just Adam

What If we don't want a religious marriage what if we want a state marriage. Marriage isn't religious they all need to remember that it was around before them and if they keep on like this with their hate and intolerance exactly the opposite to their religions scripts then it will be here after them too.

Hmm the guys still an ass.