1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump reveals stance on social issues

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/15/trump-lays-down-his-stance-on-social-issues/

2. Beachboi92

didn't GOProud supported him at C-PAC >_>

3. Paper Heart

Does this surprise me? Not at all.

4. midwestblues

Stick with primetime television, you twat.

5. maverick

Oh noes, a rich old white guy doesn't like me.

Shocker.

6. RaRa

He doesnt hate gays, he just doesnt support gay marriage.

Isnt Obama the same?

7. Ianthe

Is there ANY viable candidate for president that supports same-sex marriage? Has there ever been? Now, that would be news... Politicians try to walk that line--gay-friendly otherwise, but not supporting marriage equality.

8. Fintan

Exactly the same as Obama.

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If only I could rig the Presidential election and make myself President...sigh.

10. Zontar

Well, he was awesome up to this point. Maybe he's just toeing the party line though. Nobody's going to win a bid for presidency if they openly support gay marriage in this day and age...

11. LNahid2000

LNahid2000 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Doesn't surprise me at all...I don't really like the guy anyways.

12. concklin

Did anyone really ever take him seriously? I'm not saying that because of this particular article, I'm just saying that because...it's Donald Trump! :roflmao:

13. lostinthought9

Funny how this thread was made today, seeing as I was just looking into Trump's social views earlier. Honestly, I like the idea of him being President. He has the backbone and the business experience to get this country back on track, economically speaking.

Although, this bit about him not supporting marriage equality is a bit of a downer, but let's be realistic for a second. Most potential presidential candidates don't support it either. It's sad, but that's politics.

Also, hypothetically speaking, if he decides to run, why couldn't he secure the nomination? I mean, he doesn't really have much competition in the Republican party. We hear about Palin, Romney, Huckabee, Barbour, etc. all hinting at a presidency, but none of them are strong enough to challenge Obama. Their party is just a bit scattered right now in terms of nominations.

Maybe it's just me and my wishful thinking, but that's the way I see it. :lol:

14. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    are you serious?

you think alienating the united states' largest overseas trading partner is a sound tactic for economic stability?

okay. here's the quote.
    I don't even think HE'S serious.

15. lostinthought9

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Iuq8psx4o[/YOUTUBE]

I agree with him in that China is becoming increasingly stronger, and a threat to the United States, economically speaking. Clash of economic ideologies, and that can't be good for the U.S. Now, I'll be honest with you, I don't know a whole lot about this particular topic (about China/U.S. relations). However, as a tax-paying citizen, I can tell you that the U.S. economy isn't in good shape. Being the businessman Trump is, who's to say he can't level things out? I mean, our current administration isn't exactly solving the economic problems.

16. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Call me cynical, but i think ruthlessness rather than any apparent brilliance had as much to do with trump's rise to absurd wealth... Think gordon gecko.

Being wealthy and successful doesn't make one an economic genius. If you want a strong economy, you need someone like (i can only think of an australian example, sorry) paul keating. He was economically brilliant, and also arrogant, but he had a whit of diplomacy about him, which i somehow think trump lacks after suggesting such an irresponsibly hostile course of action.

It's not a good idea.

17. MyDecember

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The Republican party, in their run for the white house, will tear themselves apart in order to get there. All the front runners have major issues that are going to be brought forward. How Palin quit her job for fame, Barbou racist comments, Huckabee time away from office and Romney' religion. But I must say...they all have a better shot than a Trump, a man who speaks freely about how he feels about people he disagree's with like a 10 year old. Trump doesn't represent the people, he represents himself and has proven that time and time again. :/ But just in case I have my luggage ready and my seats reserved for Canada.

18. Emberstone

except for obama has only been married once, and trump has been married multiple times... clearly, trump is the one who has no respect for the institution of marriage.

19. lostinthought9

Oh, absolutely, I agree. However, you won't be able to convince me that he's an idiot. :wink:
    Like I've said already, I like the fact that he has a backbone. I think that's a requirement for an effective leadership. We can't have someone who's too soft as our Commander-in-Chief.

I understand that he's not political, and is all-business. Like I said already, maybe it's just a personal preference for the guy and wishful thinking, but I like the idea of him being President. Obviously, you disagree, but that's okay. :slight_smile:

20. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well then i'll just go on hoping that he gives up the whole notion for both our sakes =P