1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deval Patrick signs ‘bathroom bill,’ sets off ‘firestorm’

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/po...deval_signs_bathroom_bill_sets_off_firestorm/

2. Zontar

I still fail to see the practical objections to unisex bathrooms, anyway. This age-old notion that men have no self-control in the presence of naked women needs to go. I don't lose it every time I use a public restroom or get changed in front of other men, and neither should straight folks.

3. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

I always seen it as, "We all have to pee, so why do we split people up to do so?"

4. maverick

I'm all about some unisex bathrooms. I have definitely gotten some dirty looks using the women's bathroom before. But as far as I'm concerned, I don't pass "enough" to use a men's room without getting management called on me. So what the hell am I supposed to do?

5. Zontar

If I were transgendered, I don't think I'd bother using public restrooms in the first place x.x

6. maverick

I avoid it at all costs (not just for reasons of transgenderism but because public bathrooms are disgusting) but sometimes when you gotta go, you gotta go.

There have definitely been times as an adult that I've had to hold it just because I was in a place where I thought I might get in trouble. And as a kid I pretty much refused to use the women's restroom in public at all. I can remember actually wetting myself in a Walmart when I was four or five because I tried to hold out too long.