1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay marriage plans are un-Christian claims Tory MP

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/8331693/Gay-marriage-plans-are-un-Christian-claims-Tory-MP.html

2. Just Adam

The guys a moron. The fact he says conservative led government means he has no clue what's going on.

Sadly he does tho represent most Tories in being opposed to equality.

3. Kardan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Last time I checked, straight marriage wasn't illegal. Or has that changed recently? Maybe the government did do away with traditional marriage.

4. Fintan

I think the article proves you wrong, as it is the Tories that are bringing in this equality in the UK, by legalising Full Gay-Marriage.

I disagree with this MP, but he is voicing valid concerns. I think that's what parliament should be doing, but I am very glad the majority of parliament and the Conservative/Tory government will be bringing in Gay-Marriage in the UK.

Does anyone know if this will apply to Northern Ireland/Scotland? Or do they control that now due to devolution?

5. Emberstone

they said they intend to... but until it happens, it means they have not legalized... just that they promised too... and politicians and promises do not seem to mix well together. I am still waiting on jobs here in america, and yet all the republicans seem to care about is destorying the union (and therefore workers rights), denying people access to abortions, and taking peoples healthcare away because they dont want obama to have any victories.

6. knight of ni

Marriage law is devolved to Holyrood (I don't know about Norther Ireland), but since immigration, employment and pension law are not devolved, it isn't easy for the Scottish Parliament to opt for a different level of marriage equality to that favoured by Westminster. But if this goes through in England and Wales, then I would be very very surprised if it didn't also go through in Scotland... but I can't speak for Northern Ireland.

7. Just Adam

They havnt said same sex marriage is happening that's gonna be consulted after religious partnerships. The man has no legitimate concerns it's all bigotry any argument that has religion in it is used as a tool to deny others a right or freedom.
    And it's not Tories bringing this forward its a lib dem and if you look at Tory politicians and their voting record you'd see many including the equality minister would prob rather make being gay illegal again.

Say what you want about labour but they took steps and repealed all the stuff Tories introduced to segregate and demonise us.

One thing you learn here is never trust a Tory their blue blood is that of a snake. Sad as I love snakes :frowning2: they're cute.

Anyway dnt trust them. Call me dave wanted the pink vote fir the election but he's done nothing for us apart from look into stuff and repeal old laws they put in. He's as useless as obama on gay rights all mouth no backup.

What have they done in 8 months or so .... Increase tax, increase vat, increase fuel prices, demonise kids, cut jobs putting thousands out of work, made it easier for company's to sack you... I can't appeal unless I've been there 12 months .... Part time workers are treated like filth. Cut benefits, cut govt aid, stopped schools being built, no investment in business only words, trying to sell forests, trying to sell nhs, will sell royal mail they will go back on that promise.

So far talked tough on banks, Europe, economy but won't do anything.

They just blame what they do on labour saying we must and deffecit. But they are sending us back into recession with no investment no work no economical growth.

And top it all off osbourne saying were all in this together when the Tory front bench are all millionaires from very old wealthy families all private educated stepping on the little common folk.

It's why I'm a royalist say what you like about them atleast they ain't two faced about wealth and status, even if you hate them atleast you know where you stand.

But Tories ... They're creeps.

I know this got off track but I don't like them >.>

8. partietraumatic

I guess this is a good thing. I'm sure Cameron doesn't care particularly about the gay community, its all part of his efforts to be seens as a more liberal tory, and to try and do away with the old thatcherite image. Nonetheless, maybe we shouldn't worry too much about whether its a cynical ploy and just be thankful at it's being discussed.

We should also be thankful that we live in a country where our main right wing party is even considering gay marriage. There are many countires in this world where even the left wing parties wouldn't consider introducing gay rights.

9. Just Adam

This I agree with. I don't trust a Tory but atleast we don't have the fealty penalty hangin over us here

10. kwyjibo

To be honest, I don't car whether they're Christian or not. Since when was religion the same as government. Forever, in the minds of the Tories.
    Sorry for the pessimism,
    Kwyjibo

11. Fintan

Wow. If Cameron finds out this is the response he'll be seeing from the Gay Community for passing Gay-Marriage... I think he should go back to the votes he's risking to lose on the right :wink:

Its true, its the LibDems pushing it within the coalition, but either way they can't do it without Cameron's Tories supporting them.