1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Palm Coast teen says teacher singled him out for being gay

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Dan82

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...en-says-teacher-singled-him-out-for-being-gay

2. roborama

aww poor guy:frowning2: i hope things work out for him

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Poor guy :frowning2: I really hope they get their acts together.

4. DougieBoy

DougieBoy Guest

He should go back to school and face everyone with confidence. Ive been bullied before and its not fun, if a teacher ever did something like that to me i would have verbally argued with them and proceed to get themm fired. If i can get teachers hired, i can get them fired.

5. Fishken

Fishken Guest

hopefully the teacher will receive some kind of disciplinary action against him. teachers are supposed to protect their students from bullying, and not to bully themselves. If something like this happened in my own country, the teacher would be fired on the spot.

6. Zontar

Woah, lookout! This guy should do standup!!

What the hell does that even mean?

7. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it means someone never should have been allowed to teach children.

8. flymetothemoon

I don't think anyone other than him can decide what's best for him as far as going back to school. For some people, yes, the best option would be to go back and face them. But for others, the best option is to avoid putting themselves in that situation again. He and his mom will figure out what is best for him.

I do seriously hope that this teacher deals with some harsh disciplinary measures, though, because even if it wasn't meant as a direct insult to this kid, you just don't say things like that to your students.

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My thoughts exactly. Where the hell is Mountain Dew or Pepsi coming from? It's like...wtf...

10. Arex

That is terrible... poor kid. :\ *shakes head*

Hope things go well for him.

11. Beachboi92

It's one thing to say that it is another thing to be in a class full of kids that look at you weird, a class that everyday when you walk in a guy is standing outside the door waiting to call you a faggot. Or better waiting with a group of friends, and your thinking today could be the day i am jumped. Then you go into the class and the teacher makes fun of gays and talks about being against LGBT rights. That was my situation and my teacher was sly about it and never actually directed anything at me.

This kid is getting bullied and the teacher is one of the ones responsible. He probably has few friends to turn to and is in a terrible environment. It is really difficult to deal with. I know just like in his situation when i went to the administration about it they didn't take me seriously and i didn't even learn if the kid bullying me actually faced any repercussions. Fortunately they did do something about getting me away from that class before i faced any real physical danger.

When you are in that position it feels like you against the world and the world always has the upper hand...

12. Okay, the teacher might have been a jerk...it's hard to tell from such a small bit of information in the article. However I've been singled out dozens of times in my life and I rarely felt I was being bullied...and I take bullying pretty hard (being bi-polar with severe mood swings does that to a person).

I had a history teacher my first year of college who was constantly saying things like "and now let's go to Meredith for the Atheist viewpoint on this subject" saying Atheist like it was a dirty word. I just shrugged it off and went on. She also liked to single me out for being the only gay student in her class...or the only one who was out anyway. Oh and for being the only one to point out that she knew about as much about history as my mother knows about computer engineering. (translation: Not a whole hell of a lot...)

I think if this kid is being bullied then he needs to stand up for himself, but making a huge deal out of this one incident seems silly. Is he going to tell us what other students have said and done or just leave it at "People haven't been nice, let's put it that way,". What this teacher said might have been in poor taste (and was a little stupid, I can't make sense of the comment) but he wasn't actively bullying the kid or encouraging others to do it. I think this incident may be getting blown out of proportion. Have teachers (this particular one included) turned their backs and not stepped in when (if) bullying by other students occurred? We don't really know a whole lot from this article really.

If I'm wrong and we have more information on the situation then please tell me...

13. DougieBoy

DougieBoy Guest

Flymetothemoon and beachboi92 i have been bullied many times myself, being called a faggot and pedophile cuz im in child care and work in my highschools preschool, im just a person who takes the best approach for myself hoping to help others. I made sur when i went to my schools administration staff something needed to happen and it did. Disciplinary actions were put into affect on this kid. To make things happen i have to take a direct approach.

14. schmorgan

The teacher runs a convenience store out of his classroom. He sells mountain dew and *coke* only, and they each have their own fridge so people don't accidentally buy the wrong drink. That was the only thing he was referring to.
    This Luke character is in school with me and he is very outlandish, always seeking attention, wanting special treatment because he is gay. This incident isnt anything major like him actually calling him out as gay, so people should stop getting so worked up about it. :bang:

#14 schmorgan, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  15. Beachboi92

I did the same thing you did i reported it, they took months to take care of the kid and refused to even acknowledge what i said about the teacher. 9/10 the administration will back the teacher especially if they feel they have grounds to say you are a bad kid or something and even my mom went in and tried to get things pushed through.

If this kid is spewing BS i'd like to hit him myself because it is a serious issue that doesn't need attention drawn to it to make it look like gays just say they are discriminated against for attention...

16. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really? And I'm to believe someone who just joined and made this their first post?

17. Connor22

Well it's the most reasonable explanation we've got for this seemingly nonesensical line

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes but I do not like when someone intrudes randomly out of the blue and basically in a way attacks the student in question. To me it's an attack. Knowing the kid or not, it's rude to say he's "always seeking attention". Until I see proof, and no this story is not proof, I say the person is rude and disrespectful.

19. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank goodness his mom is behind him at the very least.